• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: My old Comprehensive is now a Ltd, I wonder why ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Afternoon All,

quick question....

the State School Comprehensive I went to is now a registered Ltd company, and still a State School Comprehensive, but it s Ltd company.

On top of this, comparing the list of Directors to the Teachers list on the school website, it looks like half of the teachers are Directors of the Ltd company.

I wonder why on earth they'd do that ? Organise the school like and and make half the teachers directors ?

I wonder if the teachers who are directors get dividends at the end of the year ?

What does the congregation think ? Surprised the newspapers haven't spotted this.

Milan.
    Something clearly needed to be done
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

thought as much....

BBC News - State school teachers employed by tax-avoiding firm

Milan.

Comment

HMRC says that the UK-based employment agency through which the workers are supplied, or alternatively the end-user company, such as the school or local education authority, could be treated as the employer and therefore be liable for the unpaid National Insurance contributions.
        Is this just lazy reporting or has something new happened which would cause this to be the case?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
        X