• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office collections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    My pet hate is people signing the card and not putting in Totally gets my goat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

I generally send an email to everyone, say the card is on the way and make it clear that they should not sign if they don't contribute Makes me sound like a bitch but why should they sign something that someone else has paid for? Only exception is if card is paid for by Co.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'd just started one contract when a card came around.

I put money in that coz the chap had popped his clogs the week before.
        Your predeceased predecessor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          The one that gets me more is people who pass around sponsorship forms and everyone is not only obliged to sponsor them for there 100 metre walk, but everyone can see how much you sponsor them. I don't have a problem with sponsoring people, or giving money to charity. But i think it needs to be something genuinely challenging.
          I understand what you are saying - but on the other hand some people want to give to charity and just need an excuse.

JustGiving is better as people then then chose to be anonymous or not. Or even pretend to be others - like the person who pretended to be russell.....

Comment

I always cough up for these, can have a big impact on how you are viewed in the co, especially by the womenfolk and worth a few quid to influence this. Reality is you only maintain by contributing but if you pass and it is well known, you will be considered a miserable git. This can affect your future I have seen it happen.
            Only exception was when I was managing a department, I made sure I chucked in at least a tenner for a few of these. I am certain this did wonders for how I was considered in the dept and on 500 a day, I reckoned I could cover it.
            Got it all back x5 in presents when missus had sprog and when I left !

Comment

We had a couple disappear at my current client. I haven't seen one since.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                I always cough up for these, can have a big impact on how you are viewed in the co, especially by the womenfolk and worth a few quid to influence this.
                How does that work? Do you stand up and announce "Excuse me everyone, I'm putting a fifty in!"?

I bet the womenfolk are dead impressed by that.

Comment

Had this a few times over past (and present) client. I don't accept it and tell them "no thanks". Or if it's forced on me/left on a desk with my other belongings, just leave it there or pass it onto the nearest permie!

I did give money on one occasion, but to be fair he was a fellow contractor who i've been out with for drinks.
                  Last edited by kingcook; 10 October 2012, 12:59.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    I also refuse to give money to animal charities, because i honestly couldn't care less about neglected animals when there are the likes of Cancer Research and BHF which are in need of funds and some idiot is collecting for a horse to get its hair cut in peru.
                    Would you sponsor me for the Bath Half? I'm doing it for Save the Rhino

Comment

Don't get any of that tulip here, I'm a contractor so not part of the company. Have never been asked at any of the companies where I've been, even if for a long time...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X