• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any NMAP experts out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a serious note, anyone read "Certified Ethical Hacker"? Cracking reading. My plan B involves writing something along the lines of a firewall/packet sniffing tool so am a bit of a TCP nerd. Absolutely cracking reading.

And there's exercises to learn on, and servers on the web to allow you to practise on

Sometimes these tricks come in handy.

PM : Suity, so an so is on holiday and we have a business critical situation.

Suity : We don't have the passwords.

PM : Is there no way in?

Suity : Maybe

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      What's more, if "they" could update Microcode remotely, it would only be a matter of time before hackers figured out how to do the same.
      That paper is BS, but microcode updates do exist, and they are processor specific. The code that applies such an update has to check the processor type and version and so on.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...crocode_update

Hackers are more likely to target BIOS and boot ROMs on network cards than CPU microcode IMO.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Sysman is our treasure hunt winner.

27 minutes!
        As it happens I had already downloaded the PDF earlier in the day, to save it for posterity.

:
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X