• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And theyre off. Hamza going on holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sling yer hook, Hamza

Comment

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Sling yer hook, Hamza
        Yes, off you fook!

Comment

Why and how the **** was he allowed to get into the UK in the first place? He was a well known jihadist who had actively been fighting in various countries.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Why and how the **** was he allowed to get into the UK in the first place?
            If you know where a queen bee is, it's easier to keep an eye on the other bees.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Why and how the **** was he allowed to get into the UK in the first place?
              Because absolutely anyone is let in, its not called an open door policy for nothing.

Now the more interesting question is, will there be a terrorist attack in the UK as an act of vengeance?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                I think there's a clear case for Abu Hamza to be extradited, but to be honest I think Babar Ahmad has been treated very badly by his country. Being extradited to the US merely for running a website that the Americans didn't like? If the content of that UK-managed site wasn't sufficient for him to have been prosecuted in UK Courts, then it shouldn't have been strong enough for him to be extradited to face poor parody of a justice system that exists in the US.
                I believe the point with Mr. Ahmad's case is that he's been in detention for 8 years without charge! All of that so that the Brit PM can win a anal delight from whichever loon become Pres. over the pond. It must really take a lot to maintain that 'special' relationship.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I believe the point with Mr. Ahmad's case is that he's been in detention for 8 years without charge! All of that so that the Brit PM can win a anal delight from whichever loon become Pres. over the pond. It must really take a lot to maintain that 'special' relationship.
                  It's amazing to me that a UK citizen can have their rights so badly abused, and most of us do nothing about it. And for what? Running a website in the UK? (wherever the server is alleged to have been located without his knowledge.) He's already spent longer in custody than those US soldiers that were actually convicted of torturing Iraqi civilians to death in Abu Ghraib. He should have been released with an apology, not sent to face the kangaroo courts that constitute the US Federal Justice system.

Comment

It's amazing to me that a UK citizen can have their rights so badly abused, and most of us do nothing about it. And for what? Running a website in the UK? (wherever the server is alleged to have been located without his knowledge.) He's already spent longer in custody than those US soldiers that were actually convicted of torturing Iraqi civilians to death in Abu Ghraib. He should have been released with an apology, not sent to face the kangaroo courts that constitute the US Federal Justice system.
                    Agreed.

There are laws on our statute books that while they may not have been used for decades would fit.

For example if the website was at least partially in English then it would be targeted at UK citizens as well and so we could have tried him for treason.

Then we would have been able to keep tabs on him for his whole life by putting him legally in prison and then letting him out on license with restrictions that prevent him using the internet etc.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Generally I do not agree with extradition but in this case there are genuine allegations that he was involved 'killings'. Moreover, his UK citizenship should have been removed years ago and he should have been sent back to Egypt along with his wives.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X