• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    With a switchblade pressed to your throat.
    I usually pay extra for that.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

In a melancholy mood, into the cigs and wine. Feel like I'm in a Tom Waits song.
      morrissey
      A picture sings a thousand words
      As I look out on an Autumn night
      At least you're a nice person.

Catchy so far
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        But tonight the love is free.

Comment

In a melancholy mood, into the cigs and wine. Feel like I'm in a Tom Waits song.
          I don't know if it'll cheer you up or not, but this may help with the boredom: I was talking to a company this week that's involved in mobile mapping solutions, a bit like Google Street View. They have a particular customer of theirs that uses their technology to guide their power line inspections, which they carry out via helicopter. (They have special cameras on board that can detect cracked insulators and 'corona' discharge points that create that characteristic "hissing" sound that you sometimes get near power lines). The power line inspection company uses the company I was talking to's mapping technology to note the exact location of any faults they find, and schedule repair teams to deal with any problems.

Anyway, I found myself thinking about the mobile aircraft that you posted a thread on recently. I got to thinking about how if they combined the mapping technology and cameras with a quadcopter or similar they could make millions by providing a cheaper inspection service than the full-sized helicopter + pilot + electrical inspection engineer setup that they presently use. I bet with a little ingenuity they could even make the inspections fully-automated, with the quadcopter being guided along the power line route via GPS and any problems being inspected remotely using the pilot's-eye-view goggles setup that you mentioned in your thread. That's my Plan C sorted.

How are you getting on with your new toy anyway?
          Last edited by Gentile; 22 September 2012, 11:30. Reason: typo!

Comment

And now you're not so bored.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              I don't know if it'll cheer you up or not, but this may help with the boredom: I was talking to a company this week that's involved in mobile mapping solutions, a bit like Google Street View. They have a particular customer of theirs that uses their technology to guide their power line inspections, which they carry out via helicopter. (They have special cameras on board that can detect cracked insulators and aurora discharge points that create that characteristic "hissing" sound that you sometimes get near power lines). The power line inspection company uses the company I was talking to's mapping technology to note the exact location of any faults they find, and schedule repair teams to deal with any problems.

Anyway, I found myself thinking about the mobile aircraft that you posted a thread on recently. I got to thinking about how if they combined the mapping technology and cameras with a quadcopter or similar they could make millions by providing a cheaper inspection service than the present full-sized helicopter + pilot + electrical inspection engineer setup that they presently use. I bet with a little ingenuity they could even make the inspections fully-automated, with the quadcopter being guided along the power line route via GPS and any problems being inspected remotely using the pilot's-eye-view goggles setup that you mentioned in your thread. That's my Plan C sorted.

How are you getting on with your new toy anyway?
              Hmm, doesn't quite scan but might work with the right soundtrack.

On an aside I have that particular Plan C all sown up including the programming for the aircraft however the CAA say no so fck em I'm doing it anyway.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

morrissey

Needs a chorus guys and gals
                Me, me, me...

Comment

morrissey

Catchy so far
                  no no no no, it takes a special brain to rite lyrics

He looked like such a nice person
                  But he held a stanley to me naked throat
                  And I did a massive sh!te

copyrite EO org
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    no no no no, it takes a special brain to rite lyrics

He looked like such a nice person
                    But he held a stanley to me naked throat
                    And I did a massive sh!te

copyrite EO org
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

morrissey

Needs a chorus guys and gals
                      I'm an idiot self abuser.
                      Yes an idiot self abuser.
                      But self abuse is just self love,
                      And the love is free tonight.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                      X