• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation rising, stocks down - end of housing boom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(What the **** are you lot talking about? )

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

(What the **** are you lot talking about? )
      I think it's called high finance mate. I'm just sitting back, watching, and learning how it all works.

Comment

Sas,

no I still don't get it.

I guess this must mean you are right and I am wrong.

And I should therefore follow your example and get leveraged up.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Sas,

no I still don't get it.

I guess this must mean you are right and I am wrong.

And I should therefore follow your example and get leveraged up.

Milan.
          There's no right and wrong, Milan. Just as long as we can accumulate a decent pot of gold (sufficient to retire with) in a few years.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

agreed.

Ok, what we will discuss now ?

Milan.

Comment

Not sure what you boys are arguing about but I shall stick my oar in regardless. I too chose to invest in property and have managed to pay 85% of both mortgages (remaining debt is £50k) over the past 5 years. I fail to see how I will come a cropper should the market crash. Could someone explain to me why I am doomed?

Comment

Because of IR35. Have you not been listening...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  It only needs one stimulus. The fact is the property market is not sustainable. I can't wait...
                  SASGURU in, just call me Donald T mode, busy being a bell end again SAS

Comment

big con

You're talking about the fractional reserve banking system and the fiat currency (GBP) - once you understand how it works, you'll know it's the biggest scam going. I see it as part of an education process. A long time ago, I used to think retail banks (Barclays, etc) were decent companies that would look after you and not actively try to scam you. Now I know that to be untrue. It's the same thing with central banks and bankers, only on a bigger scale. Inflation is only 2% hah! What most people think of as inflation is ~8% (i.e. the growth in money supply M3/M4 (10%) minus GDP growth (2%))

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
                      Inflation is only 2% hah! What most people think of as inflation is ~8% (i.e. the growth in money supply M3/M4 (10%) minus GDP growth (2%))
                      Bob: most people think of inflation as the rise in price of a basket of household goods, like mars bars, ladies' thongs and PS2 players. Your definition seems more precise. Why isn't it more widely known or used?

(Wendo: I see what you mean, this is education!)

Comment

Working...
                      X