• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wet handshakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I take it back.

Felcher
    I see that one of the Apple directors is a Felcher
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

handshaking is all about the grip, obviously.
      and the best way to practice your grip is to have a tug.

If it takes over five minutes, you are clearly a limp wristed, handshake lettuced poofter

If it takes less than a minute and you have strands of skin and blisters on ones saus, then you are clearly a vice gripped insensitive moronic ass-wipe.

Therefore, the trick of a nice handshake is the ability to have a nice pedestrian (whilst being vigorous), sanguine (whilst being exciting), firm (without squeezing the tub too much) tug

Southerners are at an obvious disadvantage

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Southerners are at an obvious disadvantage
        We don't get as much practice?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The limp fish un-nerves the recipient.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I spray my right hand with Hai Karate and watch with a certain shadenfreude the carnage that's invoked.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              Worked with a PM once who always heartily handshaked everyone he met. In the two years I worked there, I never once saw him wash his hands in the gents toilets after taking a pee.
              Shaking hands should be consigned to history. Clientco is a very sick company, there's always flu, cold, stomach bug, ear infection or some such nasty going around, and the majority cant manage to cover their mouth when they cough so Im pretty sure they arent washing their hands in the toilet. So in the first time in my working life I have one of those little bottle of hand disinfectors on my desk. It hasnt really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
                I hate wet handshakes. Particularly on men.

But how do you know if you've got one? You can't really try out your own handshake. And danger of limp fish paranoia meaning you exercise vice like grip, which is almost as bad.

So how do you find out if your handshake falls within normal parameters?
                If you have a proper handshake, you'll just know.

Don't you know?
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

All you little chaps and chapesses worrying about your handshakes.

There are only 3 you need to worry about and they're not referred to as a "handshake".

Comment

The worst for me are those people who proffer just their fingers...kind of like they think they're the pope and you're about to kiss their hand.
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      The worst for me are those people who proffer just their fingers...
                      whs

Crush them.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X