• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muhammad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Did you read my post or not? Did you read the part I put in bold? If so perhaps you can go and educate yourself?

Edit: whether you know him for 14 months or 14 years means jack all to anybody. They are random in the grand scheme of things and their opinion means absolutely nothing.
    Your edit is utter bollocks. Who am I likely to believe in discussing the history is islam: an educated, devout muslim whom I have known for 14 months, or some little tosser who doesn't liek to be wrong off an internet forum?

Shiites beat themselves, take matam, mainly in a festival of mourning to the prophets and all the people who died in the name of saving islam, but also when a love one dies. To say something different if, well, frankly stupidity in its highest

Comment

Ok so let's highlight it again for all to see:

They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour.

Great golden source of knowledge you have.
      And that, my son, is the history of how matam become to be taken

Mourning for Husayn (Hussein)

There's also a period of mourning for him called Muharram - Ashura

Sorry, edit to include the stuff about the battle of karbala, which I was indicating this all started form, which it did.

Here endeth your lesson today son,
      Last edited by Old Hack; 19 September 2012, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        And that, my son, is the history of how matam become to be taken

Mourning for Husayn (Hussein)

There's also a period of mourning for him called Muharram - Ashura

Sorry, edit to include the stuff about the battle of karbala, which I was indicating this all started form, which it did.

Here endeth your lesson today son,
        What the hell has that got to do with my post? I was showing you are talking complete bollox not asking for you to post me links from one of the God knows how many sites there are talking about the topic.

Comment

What the hell has that got to do with my post? I was showing you are talking complete bollox not asking for you to post me links from one of the God knows how many sites there are talking about the topic.
          No, you didn't, you are wrong.

Lets take what I said in full:
          They beat themselves - They do, this is called taking matam, and can be light, like beating your chest and wailing, or heavy using chains, to swords.

when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - He was killed, along with the grandson, at kabala

the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour - Mourning for Husayn (Hussein)/Muharram - Ashura this is for the people lost at kabala, amongst other places. This is the time of mourning, in which matam is taken.

That's all I wrote son, the links back it up, but now you are talking tulipe.
          Last edited by Old Hack; 19 September 2012, 13:12.

Comment

Handling "Old Hack" is straight forward, help him dig his hole and then you just walk off whistling in the sound knowledge that you've let the sad f*cker bury himself.

You've mastered the first part, now just walk off whistling.

Comment

They beat themselves as when the prophets nephew was left at a war and was killed - the shiites at the time felt guilty that they did wrong so they beat themselves as a form of honour.
              Mistake 1: Hussein is not the nephew of the prophet
              Mistake 2: He was not left at war and killed
              Hussein ibn Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mistake 3: It was not because of feeling guilty
              Mourning of Muharram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How much more crap do I need to expose?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Handling "Old Hack" is straight forward, help him dig his hole and then you just walk off whistling in the sound knowledge that you've let the sad f*cker bury himself.

Oh dear, beaten like a ginger step child again. You should wait before whipping that old freckled todger out for a quick shake you know.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Cheers dude. Appreciate the advice. My previous post is the last one just to expose the Bollox that comes out of his mouth.

Comment

Cheers dude. Appreciate the advice. My previous post is the last one just to expose the Bollox that comes out of his mouth.
                    Good lad!

Comment

Mistake 1: Hussein is not the nephew of the prophet
                      Mistake 2: He was not left at war and killed
                      Hussein ibn Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mistake 3: It was not because of feeling guilty
                      Mourning of Muharram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How much more crap do I need to expose?

Oh dear, you got so excited, you forgot to read your own link:

Hussein is highly regarded by Shia as a martyr because he refused to pledge allegiance to Yazid I,[6] the Umayyad caliph. He rose up to create a regime that would reinstate a "true" Islamic polity as opposed to what he considered the unjust rule of the Umayyads.[6] As a consequence, he was killed and beheaded in the Battle of Karbala in 680 (61 AH) by Shimr Ibn Thil-Jawshan.[7] The annual memorial for him, his family, his children and his As'haab (companions) is called Ashura (tenth day of Muharram) and is a day of mourning for Shia Muslims.

Now, about that little gathering called Ashura:

The commemoration of Ashura on the 10th of Muharram every year serves to remind us of the sacrifices of the family of the Prophet (S). It also makes us aware of the people, then and now, who tried to destroy Islam and the family of the Prophet (S) and all that they stood for - as well as those who watched, listened and did nothing.
                      The main reason for matam is the Shi’a failed to support Imam Hussain (as) that in consequence caused his death.
                      Muharram / Ashura - The event marks the anniversary of the Battle of Karbala when Imam Hussein ibn Ali, the grandson of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and a Shia Imam, was killed by the forces of the second Umayyad caliph Yazid
                      Oh dear, spod, shaunyboy and little boy, put the tissues away.
                      Last edited by Old Hack; 19 September 2012, 13:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X