• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bruges - where to eat? what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
    Indeed...the day we got there we sat out for a mid afternoon drink in the main square. Mrs F ordered a glass of Coke as it was 2pm, I thought i'd try something more 'exotic' so ordered a local lager. This goldfish bowl of beer turned up - 10 mins later i was rat-ar$ed and drooling all over the my shirt. Turns out the standard lager was 9% loopy juice - what a great old place it is
    I went to a festival in Tournai in Belgium once with a group of friends. Being english, we decided to go out on the pop at 6. It stopped shortly after, as we were drinking a beer called Busch, @13.4%. The barmaid said dont drink more than 4, which we took as a challenge. Waking up in the ladies toilets with a broken nose (I had fallen over) I realised we'd taken on more than we could chew. I was carried for the rest of the evening by a very large friend who could hold his beer

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Indeed...the day we got there we sat out for a mid afternoon drink in the main square. Mrs F ordered a glass of Coke as it was 2pm, I thought i'd try something more 'exotic' so ordered a local lager. This goldfish bowl of beer turned up - 10 mins later i was rat-ar$ed and drooling all over the my shirt. Turns out the standard lager was 9% loopy juice - what a great old place it is
      We tried some Belgian beer in a bar in Paris. Mort Subité (Sudden Death) was one of them.

We felt absolutely fine until we stood up to leave and could feel leg wobble.

When we got outside and hit the fresh air things got worse

Fortunately I lived just round the corner so could hit the sack quickly. The rest of the group wasn't seen until next lunchtime.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        We tried some Belgian beer in a bar in Paris. Mort Subité (Sudden Death) was one of them.

We felt absolutely fine until we stood up to leave and could feel leg wobble.

When we got outside and hit the fresh air things got worse

Fortunately I lived just round the corner so could hit the sack quickly. The rest of the group wasn't seen until next lunchtime.
        That was the thing with this Busch Jamais plus de quatre was the barmaids suggestion, which was a red rag to a bull. I remember getting up after a couple to go to the loo and feeling the legs in trouble...

I love the name though...

Comment

Try and find 2 manky hookers and a racist dwarf.

Comment

Working...
          X