• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many contracts have you done where...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only once. I was 'given' a recalcitrant contractor who had been on site for 7 years, and apparently had aquired some kind of role protection. He was effectively unmanageable. I tried hard to work with him, but he let me down hugely on a project, so I gave him both barrels. He claimed I had racially abused him, which I hadn't, and wouldn't, but this was dismissed by HR as he had previous, and, luckily, someone heard the conversation (at a pub after work). I was told, if I wanted to continue, I had to make it work with him.

I found a new role within a week, and resigned, with immediate effect, leaving the team in the tulip. Ironically, he resigned to move back up north. Never felt bad about it either.

Other than that, nothing. As someone else has said, I am a contractor or fiscal nomad (thanks Norr), I go where the money is, perform my role and move on when it is done. Sookie permies are simply wound up by me telling them how much I earn, and what I spend it on. No point shouting, much better ways of upsetting the puerile tulips.

Comment

Working...
    X