• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costa: Bloody sick of the sight of them.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    Warm the cup first, sorry can't do much about small - that's espresso for ya. But if you want ameircano - add hot water, and if you want latte - warm a cup of milk in the microwave first (sod the froth), then have the nespresso pour straight in. When I'm not in diet mode that's my favourite method.

they do sell machines with the frother on the side - but a mate had one of those and said it's a pig to clean - plus they have a bigger foot print.

You'd hate the ristrettos then... they're about half size of espressos. But they do the larger measures - or as I call them yellow green and blue. These make about 110ml per capsule iirc - though I always stick a large and small squirt through them. Just leave about 30 secs in between so you don't over cook the grind.

Me being a cheapskate wondering if it was possible to try and reuse the capsules with a bag of ground coffee. Several messy attempts later I gave up - remembering the reason I Like it in the first place is freshness.
    I'll stick with mine thanks. Put beans in the top, hit the button and out pops your drink. Small footprint and you can set it up so that each drink is as large and as strong as you want and it will make it to that each and every time. It also cleans itself. It was pretty expensive though!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I quite fancy a new coffee machine.

La Cimbali M21 Junior DT1 Espresso Machine | Ringtons Beverages

La Spaziale S1-II Mini Vivaldi Red Coffee Machine - GIO Espresso
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X