• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Architects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A similar fate has befallen the recruitment industry. Every f***ing job title in recruitment has the word "talent" attached to it
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      A similar fate has befallen the recruitment industry. Every f***ing job title in recruitment has the word "talent" attached to it
      I thought you were the Chief Talent Architect, Dodgy?

Comment

Every f***ing job title in recruitment has the word "talent" attached to it
        Fook me!! An oyxmoronic epidemic!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Where I work has just sacked all the architecture team. "You can all do your own architecture".

Makes alot of sense - everything will run alot smoother.
          Ha ha ha...

That's what they think until they look to the documentation in a year or so and realise that No two designs have the same content and standards vary...

Architecture is a poncy fart arsing gaff for most companies but that's because they are not doing it properly.

At the point that an architect cannot roll their sleeves up and show an engineer how it's done properly, they should probably go and be a business analyst or lobotomised.

Enterprise Architects define the business view and the ABB's
          Then the solution and technical architects should use those views and artefacts to take the visions from logical to physical designs. They then show the engineers how they want to have the software or hardware built.

I have been writing documentation and designing systems since 2001 but it took years to balance the weight and content properly.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If he arse licks enough won't he get promoted to proper management?
            No chance SueEllen, I've been carefully orchestrating the source of these project cockups due to the aforementioned to the management over the last few years.

His time is almost up before he's cast unto the wilderness.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              No chance SueEllen, I've been carefully orchestrating the source of these project cockups due to the aforementioned to the management over the last few years.

His time is almost up before he's cast unto the wilderness.
              Well done - most become PMs, some by doing a short stint at being a BA (not properly, glorified secretary role - i.e. ask questions, write down answers - no value add) then decide they're ready to PM as they got M$ Project installed.
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

And all these years I thought I was a 'human resource'.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Is 'architect' what you become if you're too thick to be a developer and too feckless to be a tester?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    A confession!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So basically there is a high level Enterprise Architect, who may not have much (or any) technical knowledge but has detailed knowledge of the business at a high level and has the ability to transfer business objectives into usable requirements. Under them is the Solution Architect who usually pulls together multiple Technical (of what ever name, Application, Network, Infrastructure, Secuirty etc) Architects who have detailed knowledge of their specific technology.

So in that respect an EA is sort of a career progression for Business Analysts? Technical Architects are the old fashioned SME for which ever technology they work with and Solution Architects have a bit of both?

In the past I have thought about what the next skill I should learn, not to move away from my area of work but to better understand those I work with so maybe TOGAF might be a good bet as well as SCRUM Master to get an idea of the Design and Development phase of the SDLC
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X