• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how can a senior experience IT pro get into IB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked in IB for a short while.

This thread demonstrates why I left and why I don't miss it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

How many traders did you chin?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        If you tried that you'd probably get your head kicked in. Most (equities) traders are more than capable of handling an IT nerd like yourself.

Did you see it when it kicked off in the City in May 2003? The "anarchists" got a right pasting from some traders.
        I was on a trading floor during the riot(year escapes me) an yes after photocopying £50 notes and chucking them out a group of crusties burst into the lobby to whit half a dozen traders went down and laid into them. But then again, a group of IT nerds could have done it
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          How many traders did you chin?
          None, happily; if I have to get a criminal record I'll find someone more worthwhile to smack than that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I see you avoided the question.

Is your cock long enough to reach your arse ?
            Its a bit off topic. But if it could reach, then I would be able to "go and f**k myself" I presume.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I was on a trading floor during the riot(year escapes me) an yes after photocopying £50 notes and chucking them out a group of crusties burst into the lobby to whit half a dozen traders went down and laid into them. But then again, a group of IT nerds could have done it
              I think I'd join in with the crusties given what I know now.

Comment

"Patois" you illiterate, illegitimate ******* convict!
                I particularly enjoyed the way you humbly accepted my comment and only picked me up on spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

It's just a bit of banter while i'm waiting for the timesheet system to come back online.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    I particularly enjoyed the way you humbly accepted my comment and only picked me up on spelling.
                    I couldn't give a **** about your spelling, I was highlighting your lack of credibility.

hth.

Comment

I couldn't give a **** about your spelling, I was highlighting your lack of credibility.

hth.
                      You are a mental midget. You use expletives in more or less every sentence you type.

Are you really angry about your micro penis?

Comment

Working...
                      X