• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back from V Festival - too old for this!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    We've got a gig on Friday, then the following week and then the week after....

Rockabilly rules....

You're not them are you? They're playing here this weekend

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I last went to Glastonbury about 12 years ago (when I was in my late 30's). What I didn't realise before I went that the music was just a small part of it. I found all the stuff going on in the outer fields was just as good (if not better), both for entertainment and people watching. The music was brilliant though.

I didn't stay on site. I stayed in a nearby 5* hotel and got a taxi there and back every day.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Really? So you could take in a shedload of cans?

Cracking. Glasto it is for me.

V Fest like I said is a no go. Dont get me wrong I can afford a few beers but £4.20 for watered down Carling is taking the piss. Food is worse. £5 is a bit steep for a burger but I wouldnt mind if it was edible - it is minging. Had one year and it was like eating a turd - not happy.

Dont get me started on the bar voucher idea. You queue up for ages to pay £4.20 for a paper token, then queue again to use said token at the bar.

You can imagine how much money they make by tokens getting lost, unused etc. Of course, come sunday night theres a queue a mile long to change tokens back and people just dont bother. The number of young lads I saw with piles of tokens - bet half these get found by their mothers in their arse pocket of their manky shorts before they go in the washing machine when they arrive home on monday
        You really need to try Glasto then, the range of food is fantastic.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You really need to try Glasto then, the range of food is fantastic.
          food is fantastic, there is no "arena" area with bag checking for cans in between going to the tent and a stage, the people are MUCH nicer than the scum that make up the majority of V, as has been said the music on the main stages makes up only a small part of the festival with hundreds of smaller stages dotted around the site playing every type of music and enough other things to see/do other than music to last the whol efestival time..

the rule is simple regarding taking your own drinks. You can take what you like as long as it is not in a glass bottle, seeing a bloke wheel a very large wheelbarrow stacked high with crates of his favourite beer with a few box cartons of wine balanced on top for the wifey is a perfectly normal and accepted thing. Once you are inside the walls of the festival i.e have shown your ticket to gain entry, then you can do what you like, no further security/ bag checking checkpoints between wherever you pitch your tent and wherever you go after that. If you want to take 100 cans of ale and 10 litres of homebrew moonshine one morning to the main stage and sit there getting plastered then nobody will bat an eyelid. You might find they get a bit warm and wish to purchase a nice cold scrumpy cider from the nearby cider bus but that is your choice.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

just thinking about the goan fish curry and Le grande buffet that serve the tartiflette in the west holts/jazz world field mmmmm definitely worth a try along with the "garlic kitchen" stall and next to the Tiny Tea tent (great for tea, scones and/or toast) is a delicious stone baked pizza place.

a good review is here.. scroll down to the Whats the food like? section

EDIT: oh and the pies !!! mmmm last year we had a "pie-off" searching the site for the best pie. It was a tough call between Pie Minister and the square pie company.
            Last edited by chef; 22 August 2012, 10:00.

Comment

Having never been before to Glasto and my intention is to go next year, can you park your car next to your tent?

Like most on here, I'm not really used to 'slumming it' in a tent ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                Having never been before to Glasto and my intention is to go next year, can you park your car next to your tent?
                no, all parking is outside of the wall, i.e outside of the whole festival area. there are tons of carparks (consisting of spare local farmers fields given up for the festival) and depending on where you park (i.e how lucky you are with the marshalls that direct the traffic onto the site) and depending on where you want to pitch your tent then it can be anything from a 15min walk/trudge up the hill (possibly muddy hill) into the festival and then across the site to where you camp or at worst a 1hr walk if you end up deciding to park the wrong side of the festival site and then end up in a carpark/field thats the furthest possible away from the nearest entry gate.
                Last edited by chef; 22 August 2012, 10:17.

Comment

for my first year and all other newcomers I would suggest this guide to be one of the most useful in answering all your questions such as which field should i camp in etc.

if you have any questions then they have almost certainly been asked and answered before and this forum is a good place to get the answers and find the latest rumours of whose playing etc.

and for the latest and i find the most reliable sources of rumours on who is likely to be playing (given that the line up is not announced until long after the ticket selling date and all tickets are sold out) is here
                  Last edited by chef; 22 August 2012, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                    Like most on here, I'm not really used to 'slumming it' in a tent ....
                    dont take a tent, take a camper van / RV then? they park just on the edge of the wall with direct easy access to the festival, they have dedicated camper van fields for those who arent tenting.

or alternatively go glamping (glamorous camping)

Comment

Working...
                    X