• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back from V Festival - too old for this!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been reading about Glasto on their website and the registration thing.

Different approach I guess but at least it keeps the ticket touts out of it.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Given your age, how badly behaved do you older chaps get at these events?

Do you stand at back and sip a diet coke, or are you living up to your self adopted names (Psychocandy)?

Do you fully participate in the proceedings?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        yes. But then that is open to a lot of meanings. They have everything onsite as well as all the obvious festival trappings including a pretty good real ale tent, a whiskey bar (not yet had the pleasure of visiting this), a full white linen half decent restaurant, an underground piano bar, a District 9 / Bladerunner esque late night area, 50's roller disco, several sauna's, a jacuzzi ( as if you can imagine what that is like after 5 days of festival ) , the world famous Pauline Fowler's Growler breakfast.. the list goes on.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Why on earth would someone pay to spend a weekend like that.

Is it some fetish thing I don't get?
          It's a primeval thing, one of my happiest life memories is standing with my back to the sun watching the Charlatans with a hessian sack full of tinnies on a balmy Sunday evening at Glastonbury.

The place stunk like a cesspit when the breeze blew in a certain direction but you get used to that.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
            Given your age, how badly behaved do you older chaps get at these events?

Do you stand at back and sip a diet coke, or are you living up to your self adopted names (Psychocandy)?

Not my thing if you mean drugs but each to his own. Friends do partake quite a lot but thats up to them. I did have a rule about not leaving it in my van - I aint getting done for their stuff.

Im Welsh though - we can drink loads of beer. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              It's a primeval thing, one of my happiest life memories is standing with my back to the sun watching the Charlatans with a hessian sack full of tinnies on a balmy Sunday evening at Glastonbury.

The place stunk like a cesspit when the breeze blew in a certain direction but you get used to that.
              What does pee me off and assume glastonbury is same as V.

You cant get anything into the Arena with you. No food, no beer. So you're forced to pay £4.20 a pint and £6 for a manky burger. To be honest, they're more strict checking you aint trying to smuggle in a few tinnies than they are if you had 100g of Coke on you.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                What does pee me off and assume glastonbury is same as V.

You cant get anything into the Arena with you. No food, no beer. So you're forced to pay £4.20 a pint and £6 for a manky burger. To be honest, they're more strict checking you aint trying to smuggle in a few tinnies than they are if you had 100g of Coke on you.
                Last time I went to Glastonbury you could take what you like where you like, they don't have an arena manned by surly jobsworths.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Three days of much beer, no sleep.

Motorhome this year (aint cheap to hire mind!) cos I really am too old to camp these days....

Good crack though. Might be a bit old but seeing The Stranglers play Golden Brown was awesome.
                  Never too old, old chap.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Last time I went to Glastonbury you could take what you like where you like, they don't have an arena manned by surly jobsworths.
                    Really? So you could take in a shedload of cans?

Cracking. Glasto it is for me.

V Fest like I said is a no go. Dont get me wrong I can afford a few beers but £4.20 for watered down Carling is taking the piss. Food is worse. £5 is a bit steep for a burger but I wouldnt mind if it was edible - it is minging. Had one year and it was like eating a turd - not happy.

Dont get me started on the bar voucher idea. You queue up for ages to pay £4.20 for a paper token, then queue again to use said token at the bar.

You can imagine how much money they make by tokens getting lost, unused etc. Of course, come sunday night theres a queue a mile long to change tokens back and people just dont bother. The number of young lads I saw with piles of tokens - bet half these get found by their mothers in their arse pocket of their manky shorts before they go in the washing machine when they arrive home on monday

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      Never too old, old chap.

Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Comment

Working...
                      X