• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you use protection?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Motorola Defy (remember the "life proof" adverts?) purely so I could avoid having these carp screen protectors and cases. I think it has gorilla glass.

I managed to get a small scratch on the screen in the first month, no idea how, but since then it has been fine even with keys in pocket, being dropped and being somewhat abused.

I had to send it back for repair a few months back and I got sent back a brand new one so it is pristine once again.

I would buy again.
    Back at the coal face

Comment

Got a matte screen protector for my phone and tablet. Looks nicer than the gloss finish (screen image somehow looks a bit smoother) and doesn't show up finger marks anything like as badly.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I got one for my new phone. Tough as the screen is, it's not impervious and since my phone lives in my pocket where I may have stuffed my keys, I'm nervous how good this Gorilla Glass is.

Of course the protectors are way less tough so my screen now looks like it has a scratch but that's fine... I'm also thinking about re-sale value so I can sell it looking as-new.

I really hate how touch-screens get all icky from finger smears too - you don't really notice when using it due to the viewing angle, but looking from the side it's gross and sharing an iPad is horrible... how many people must use them while/after eating?!
        Resale value. Hmm - I always sell mine to those phone resell places. They dont care as long as the phone is working.

If you sell on ebay, I've found you dont get a great deal more and then have to deal with hassle sometimes. i.e. theres a 2mm scratch on the phone you sold me I want my money back. Usually from kids who cant afford to pay £400 for a new phone but want one for £100 and expect it to be unused.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
          I've got a Motorola Defy (remember the "life proof" adverts?) purely so I could avoid having these carp screen protectors and cases. I think it has gorilla glass.

I managed to get a small scratch on the screen in the first month, no idea how, but since then it has been fine even with keys in pocket, being dropped and being somewhat abused.

I had to send it back for repair a few months back and I got sent back a brand new one so it is pristine once again.

I would buy again.
          Made my Mrs have one of these after 2x Samsung Galaxys got dropped down the toilet/in the bath.

This was a bit better.

But didnt Motorola get bollacked for their advert which implied you could chuck it around/chuck it in the pool for 5 hours etc? Its not that good.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X