• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Closing Ceremony

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointing to say the least, WTF was the fashion bit all about? Russel Brand???? Sweet jesus, spice girls lots of shouting and not much else.

I see the beady eyed twonk managed to murder his own song quite happily, muse were just angst ridden nonsense.

Eric Idle was great and the who were in good form, light show was amazing.

I see Boris managed to brush his hair for the first time ever.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I only managed to sit through about 40 minutes of it before I gave up. It certainly didn't live up to the Opening Ceremony. The sound man in particular should be having a good look in the mirror this morning - the sound quality was dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        The Who still sound pretty good.
        They pre-recorded it.

Some combination of accoustics and set up time made them realise that it would sound crap if performed live.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Closing ceremony was alright, just as bonkers as the opening one.
          Music might not have been that great but infinitely better than most other countries can do.
          Is this the most succesful Olympics ever? It could be, if to use that cliche, the legacy is sustained i.e. the East End is permanently regenerated.
          Bit of an if there?

I think its already a success in that it provides kids with some better role models than they have already.
          I sincerely hope so.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Thanks god they didnt get Leona Lewis and Jimmy Page to come and sing.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I think its already a success in that it provides kids with some better role models than they have already.
              Could backfire though, with underclass kids getting fitter we could spawn faster thieves and muggers and just imagine how many more feckless fathers that the feckless slags would get round if they were more motivated!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

The only legacy for the east end is that the locals will end up being priced out.

Its good that there's been some regeneration but that has had the effect of putting up rental for local businesses. The east end is very "trendy" these days, which means loads of pointless expensive shops, bars and restaurants. All those little cheap curry houses are disappearing.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I watched approx two seconds of the opening ceremony and decided it looked like durge. This thread was much more entertaining.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I think the best thing to come out of this is what is shows kids in terms of role models. Instant Celebrity is dead, hardwork & dedication is what it's all about.
                    X factor auditons air in a few weeks...

Comment

Working...
                    X