• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Athletes Flying The Flag......Upside Down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The only one upside down is number 3. The broad white stripe should be at the top next to the flag pole. take another look, vewed from the rear it will appear correct.
    KUATB.

Comment

I'm not sure the nail art was as accurate as it could have been either.

Comment

These two are wearing their Union flags the right way up, although you may not be able to see them in this close-up

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          These two are wearing their Union flags the right way up, although you may not be able to see them in this close-up

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            Paddy puts on reading glasses and off to bed with a cocoa
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

One of these two admitted it.
              Although she later claimed to be Dutch

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                It's a small point, but I can't help noticing that there are more than a few British athletes at the Olympics that don't know which way up the Union Flag should go. E.g. :

Chris Hoy

Mo Farah

Bradley Wiggins

It's understandable in Bradley and Mo's cases since they weren't born in the UK, but Chris Hoy? You held the bloody flag at the opening ceremony whilst you were leading the team round, FFS, surely you got a good look at the bloody thing? And even if you didn't know the old "broad side white and top" phrase for remembering which way up it should go, surely the fact that there are eyeholes on one side should have given you a bit of a clue?

At least Jessica Ennis got it right. Although I suspect the fact that her name was written on it may have helped:

Some might say that's a tad unfair given the ease of the mistake and the fact that they've just won a medal and got a hundred other things to think about.

Where's the smilie for rubbing one out?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Only if you are the right way up. Breeteesh person

I am. I am.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

I think we can assume that for every athlete who had the flag upside down, there is approximately one athlete who had the flag the right way up by chance, rather than by design.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

EO, behave! Or I will have to post more of these:

Comment

Working...
                      X