• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am now a fishing person

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I missed the last invite mate
    Head for Inverness but stop short of Aviemore and we'll pick you up. Better travel in a Transit to transport the cases of beer.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Read my next thread and weep, baby.
      Bu you will still need the waders if you get a little excited and land a "big" fish.

I look forward to your tales of the one that got away

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Bu you will still need the waders if you get a little excited and land a "big" fish.

I look forward to your tales of the one that got away
        Ah yes. But at least this time we'll be talking about fish, and not contracts.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I am not a fisherman, but piers bring back a lot of happy memories. When I was a little un, we used to go crabbing off the pier in Conway, North wales.
          The local fishmonger was happy to give us fish heads for free, and once the crabs got hold, they would never let go
          even after you had hoiked them, bumping and a-dangling 40 feet out of the water

then you would take them to the fishmonger, sell them for a bob (10p) get some more fish heads, and start all over again.

my dad, funny enough, never took much interest in my crabbing venture. He used to sit in the Liverpool arms drinking mild.

Being keen on tradition, I took my lad crabbing at Conway.
          I gave him the gear, showed him what to do, then fcked off to the Liverpool arms for a beer.

you just cant beat tradition

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just got a new sea fishing rod

I shall be sea fishing from Clacton pier on my holibobs. Done sea fishing from a boat before but it takes the whole day, and seeing as I have the tribe with me I can only get a couple of hours to meself so pier fishing seems like the one.

Got a mate who's proper into it who is teaching me, who in fact sorted out the rod and tied me a couple of pendulum rigs.

Nursery slopes stuff, but it will be the first time I will be fishing solo, getting bitten by ragworms and pulling hooks out of my arse, but I am looking forward to it.

Any tips?
            Fish from as far down the pier as you can ... deeper water = bigger fish usually.

Fish at dawn or dusk if possible.

Fish the two hours leading up to high tide and the two hours after - tide times are usually posted in local paper. Bigger tides are better, tide tables usually show the depth of the tide.

Fish on the bottom with worm, you'll pick up a few whiting and pouting. If you keep losing tackle because of snags on the sea bed try a float instead with a bit of mackerel strip, if you are lucky you might pick up a bass at this time of year.

Use a paternoster rig. Google that for instructions.

Use 20Lb+ line, if you do catch anything you will need to haul it up the pier.

Comment

If you changed one letter in the title of the thread, you'd have Old Greg all over it.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I thought you'd become an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  I thought you'd become an agent.
                  An agent of death. Moohaaaahaaahaaa

MF in 'What planet is Suity on' mode.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Sea fishing was the best though
                    Love sea fishing as you never know what you're going to get.

Me and the missus went sea fishing in the Maldives and we were pulling up some weird and wonderful fish i'd never seen before. Then we handed the haul over to the hotel and that evening all the other guests were tucking into our catch grilled and curried. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X