• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commodore 64 turns 30

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    At the time, 3 As required and not even in hard subjects like Maths and Physics.
    In the event got two As and a B including Maths and Physics.
    If they didn't like the B, would have retaken next year

HTH, thicko.
    Btw what was the B in?

Comment

I wrote my first sequencer for the C64 cos it was the only machine with a decent sound chip. Bought it one week gigged it the next, Thomas Dolby was a wannabe.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Fort Apocalypse on the 64 was one of only two computer games I ever got to the end of. The other was one of the Quakes on a PS2.

I remember the 64 had a triangular joystick that had been ergonomically designed to inflict maximum skin loss and bruising on the joystick thumb and holding hand.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

<nostalgia/>

I have very fond memories of games and coding on the Commodore 64. My parents were really annoyed at the gaming as it was bought on the premise that I would be learning computing. How gullible.

I did do plenty of peeking, poking, Dr Watson's Assembler and putting colour chars in strings and have been programming Basic for most of my working life.

Way of the exploding fist, Bruce Lee, Hovver Bovver, Jeff Minter, Tony Crowther, Impossible Mission, Pitstop 2, and any number of joystick killing athletics games ala Daley Thomson's Decathlon and my faithful Kempston Pro joystick.

£199 quid well invested IMHO. Even bought the 1541 floppy drive for £140, what a beast.

</nostalgia>

Sigh!
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I work with medical doctors. Some of them are bright enough but I can charitably see that you might have re-taken and ended up as a superior GP.
            FTFY.
            Most members of the medical profession seem to me to be crammers with little logical skill.
            Medicine is almost seen as one of the Humanities.
            They should make Maths compulsory for doctors, training in stats is essential to be a good doctor with an evidence-based mindset.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
              Btw what was the B in?
              The B was in Physics. The As were in Maths and Biology.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

FTFY.
                Most members of the medical profession seem to me to be crammers with little logical skill.
                Medicine is almost seen as one of the Humanities.
                They should make Maths compulsory for doctors, training in stats is essential to be a good doctor with an evidence-based mindset.
                You're still a bit too third rate, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You're still a bit too third rate, though.
                  Is third rate your insult "du jour"?
                  A classic instance of projection, I suspect.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is third rate your insult "du jour"?
                    A classic instance of projection, I suspect.
                    You're taking this all the wrong way, my friend. You've been an able assistant at times when dealing with some of the more pernicious cretins on this board, and I commend you for that. And your doggedness and enthusiasm is certainly a fine character feature.

Comment

Working...
                    X