• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ECB ready to do 'whatever it takes' to preserve euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He lacks the imagination and intelligence even to stop being a Soviet.
    Reminds me of most East Europeans I've met who've lived under communism, it's as if their upbringing has permanently damaged their thought processes.
    They cannot function without rules or queues
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      The reality (that your binary rules dictated mind would not begin to understand) is that the sheer complexity of the economics and politics behind the Euro make it impossible to establish who is breaking what rules.
      Eh? That was well known who was breaking the rules - budget deficits were supposed to be limited to certain value however there was no enforcement of that rule. If there was (and it there should have been) then states would not get deep in debt and current debt crisis would not exist.

By extension this means that politicians who got votes by promising easy life using debt would struggle to get elected and in a long term things would work out well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Eh? That was well known who was breaking the rules - budget deficits were supposed to be limited to certain value however there was no enforcement of that rule. If there was (and it there should have been) then states would not get deep in debt and current debt crisis would not exist.

By extension this means that politicians who got votes by promising easy life using debt would struggle to get elected and in a long term things would work out well.
        Germany?
        I think you've just proved DA's point. Sometimes I wonder at how thick you really are.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

They cannot function without rules or queues
          Queues at UK Post Office remind me of Soviet Union - well, we may have queued for bread but rarely to post a letter

Comment

Quite! so if there was no way of enforcing rules then they did not exist did they? So if they all went on a spending spree then so what? The whole point is that this was an intentional oversight by the politicians because they thought that with so many happy people living on the never never they would become more popular and even more powerful.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Queues at UK Post Office remind me of Soviet Union - well, we may have queued for bread but rarely to post a letter
              No the queues are for old people to pick up their pension whereas in the Soviet Union the queues are for old people (and everyone else) to pick up their bread.

Of course the wonderful thing about free market capitalism is that political judgements about economies will be found out by the markets, whereas in Russia economic outcomes are ignored which is why our queues are more affluent than yours.

Comment

Go Euro Go!!!!

not up much today. Still a crappy 1/1.275
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

our queues are more affluent than yours.
                  That's a relief!

Comment

That's a relief!
                    At my age relief is in short supply.

Comment

You said you trade with Poland, but it looks like they pay you in euros, why don't you accept their own currency?

Comment

Working...
                      X