• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get a Porche Boxster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Best car to drive I ever had was (got it 2003) a 1988 Alfa 75 Twin Spark, it was brilliant, unstickable, cornered on rails (lived in darkest Dumfries and Galloway at the time, cracking roads), wasn't that fast but felt reckless but straight, women refused to drive it - too fast. When it wasn't really....

Loved it, had the 3.0 manual too at the same time, that was a pig, nose heavy despite the V6 not being that much heavier....

Front engine, rear clutch and gearbox, inboard rear discs, mental in a production car....

It's not just about bhp.......
    Alfa 75 last of the lovely alfas. There's a midified 3.6 4x4 one in Reigate. Properly sorted and a Q-Car of extraordinary brilliance.

The 3.0 was a gem of an engine too. Twin Spark a gem too.

Would love a decent 75 to have as a track day car mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Alfa 75 last of the lovely alfas. There's a midified 3.6 4x4 one in Reigate. Properly sorted and a Q-Car of extraordinary brilliance.

The 3.0 was a gem of an engine too. Twin Spark a gem too.

Would love a decent 75 to have as a track day car mind...
      Best thing was I got both of them for free!

I would have another 75, would have to be the Twink tho...

Comment

Best thing was I got both of them for free!

I would have another 75, would have to be the Twink tho...
        That 3.2 V6 is a work of art though, plus sounds as good as any engine I have heard full chat.

I had a 145 Cloverleaf 2.0TS for a station car for 6 months. Cracking, cracking car for what it was, and went like stink.

I have to admit a love of Alfas and Lancias, adore them since owning a Fulvia and GTV in the early 80's

Comment

That 3.2 V6 is a work of art though, plus sounds as good as any engine I have heard full chat.

I had a 145 Cloverleaf 2.0TS for a station car for 6 months. Cracking, cracking car for what it was, and went like stink.

I have to admit a love of Alfas and Lancias, adore them since owning a Fulvia and GTV in the early 80's
          I had two (TWO!!) Lancia Gamma Coupe's!! At the same time! Lovely car, flawed though, shiit dash, crap interior, PS pump on cam pulley issue, £285 headlights even in 1993, ONC 9xxW - wonder where it is now (x's mean cant remember).....

Other one was a scrapper for parts...

Had loads of Alfa's, never liked the 75 3.0, hated the 33 I had, otherwise all great.....

166 was the last, not as nice as the 164 Lusso, but still a decent car.

Have a Cadillac CTS now, it's not bad actually, it's a 3.6 auto, I was looking at a 166 3.0 at the same time, Alfa fell well short and I fell out of love...

Except because of defibrillator I can't drive now!

Comment

I had two (TWO!!) Lancia Gamma Coupe's!! At the same time! Lovely car, flawed though, shiit dash, crap interior, PS pump on cam pulley issue, £285 headlights even in 1993, ONC 9xxW - wonder where it is now (x's mean cant remember).....

Other one was a scrapper for parts...

Had loads of Alfa's, never liked the 75 3.0, hated the 33 I had, otherwise all great.....

166 was the last, not as nice as the 164 Lusso, but still a decent car.

Have a Cadillac CTS now, it's not bad actually, it's a 3.6 auto, I was looking at a 166 3.0 at the same time, Alfa fell well short and I fell out of love...

Except because of defibrillator I can't drive now!
            Sorry to hear that.

Gamma's were trouble (engines iirc)! I had an old Fiat 130 coupe, which I loved. I had a GTV I loved (first type) and an Alfetta, which was just great. Lunched a few fiats in my time, including a 128 Rallye and 1283P. Lancias, I had a few, I had a beta, which wasn't as bad as people made out, and a Fulvia S3 (V4 - cracking car) and a HPE that fell apart.

Got a Merc GL now, and a motorhome, but keep promising myself a track car, and a 75 would be so good.

Comment

The Gamma Coupe is still a looker, misty eyed now....

Very similar to the Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2/400/400i/412i...

Last edited by stek; 24 July 2012, 16:04.

Comment

Nissan Cherry, wasn't the 33? Or was that another?

Gamma is nice

Comment

Nissan Cherry, wasn't the 33? Or was that another?

Gamma is nice
                  That was the Arna? Gawd....

Comment

That was the Arna? Gawd....
                    Yup, thats the boy ......

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Any suggestions for which Merc? - the hairdresser style 2 seaters are out of the question.
                      SLK would suit you.

Comment

Working...
                      X