• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you hear about the Scotsman who come down to Euston and lost all his luggage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The cork fell out of the bottle.

BBC News - ScotRail train drink ban comes into force

Personally I would like all eating and drinking banned on public transport.
    Where am I gonna eat me donner on the way back home on a Friday night?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Where am I gonna eat me donner on the way back home on a Friday night?
      Never had that problem. Our driver always ensures there's a well filled hamper from Fortnum and Mason on the back seat of the Rolls.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        That's been the policy for a while now

BBC News - Drunk conductor was left on Dundee platform

Jail term for drunk train driver - Edinburgh News

Drunk conductor locked passengers on train - Top stories - Scotsman.com

Loads and loads of these stories up here...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Never had that problem. Our driver always ensures there's a well filled hamper from Fortnum and Mason on the back seat of the Rolls.
          Yes, but then you don't get to stink the carriage out and spill chili sauce all over the seats.

Seems to be all part of the fun round here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Personally I would like all eating and drinking banned on public transport.
            During my daily 10-15 min commute the other day, I was stuck in a carriage with 3 guys chowing down on a Bargain bucket, don't get me wrong I love KFC but it was just too overpowering.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I remember when I was an avid match-goer, lived in Dumfries, but still went down to the Reebok every game, Charlton at home, FA Cup game, MOTD's lead match, great game, Eidur Gudjohnsonn bagged, Bambi missed a sitter as usual, Jussi made save of the season, won 1-0, kept up my record of never seeing us lose in West Stand (normally I'm in the Lofty Stand).

Anyway, on train home I sees this big lad in a Bolton shirt, with about 12 Stellas in front of him, how many empty, how many full I've no idea. Anyway I thought it interesting there are at least two of us Scotland-based Wanderers fans.

When over for a chat, but he was well gone, deep in the land of nod.

I few weeks later via the BWFC Mailing list, I got the full story, blamed for it and found a new friend!

His name was (is) James, he's a Scots lad but an avid Wanderer, living at the time with his Bolton-born missus in Carlisle. He did fall asleep and missed his stop at Carlisle, waving to his missus as the train left and in serious bother thereon. Made a wrong tactical decision in getting off at the next stop, Motherwell, where nothing ever happens (should have gone to Glasgow and got the next train back, not much stops at Motherwell). Anyway signs into a B&B and immediately tried to retune the telly to BBC England to watch the MOTD highlight just as the manager walks in asking why he's signed himself in as M. Mouse, Florida, guy thinks he's nicking the telly and throws him out. Word gets round Motherwell's hotel and B&B circuit that some Scots lad in a Bolton shirt is signing in to rob tellies so he can't get a room anywhere.

Sits on the station for next train back 6:30am for a major blocking from the wife.

Apparently it was all my fault, I should have woke him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Not in first class.
                WHS
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

People can just stop drinking.

That solves a lot of other problems too.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Hopefully this will extend to banning alcohol or indeed those who are 'over refreshed' on aircraft, as well.

I like a small sweet sherry as much as the next man, but if someone can't fly from the UK to the Med' without alcohol then either choose a different transportation method or don't go.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                      During my daily 10-15 min commute the other day, I was stuck in a carriage with 3 guys chowing down on a Bargain bucket
                      Please don't talk about Mrs sasguru like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X