• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why can't the IMF just fook off?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Certainly the banks bad debts need to be written off and splitting the retail/IB arms. But before banks will start to lend there needs to be a return of confidence.

I don't believe government should ever be involved in business.
    No so much written of but they should be allowed to fail like any other business. Take the fu2£ers to court and get the mony back from the directors sell the assets.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Debt crisis: UK housing slump will deepen, warns IMF

The IMF get there in the end, but they must try to make more of an effort not to be 10 years late in their prognostications.

Comment

Although bankers have a great deal to answer for, i am bored with hearing the constant moaning from people who either borrowed money, enjoyed well paid jobs etc etc all thanks to the easy borrowing years.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Although bankers have a great deal to answer for, i am bored with hearing the constant moaning from people who either borrowed money, enjoyed well paid jobs etc etc all thanks to the easy borrowing years.
          This is a harsh but fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            No so much written of but they should be allowed to fail like any other business. Take the fu2£ers to court and get the mony back from the directors sell the assets.
            Creditors would only get 1p in the pound, if that.

Who are those creditors? Are they deserving of such treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              He's right. I think we should put Tibetan monks in charge of banks.
              For a second I thought you were going to suggest "Scientology" with Tom Cruise in charge of the mission.

Comment

So we have the IMF to blame do we?
                Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  So 3rd world countries ruin their own economies and it is the IMF who are at fault?
                  IMF has no credibility in my eyes because they are typically too late with suggestions that are obvious in nature but very hard to implement in practice.

Comment

Certainly the banks bad debts need to be written off and splitting the retail/IB arms. But before banks will start to lend there needs to be a return of confidence.
                    They don't want to lend to local businesses because even if 100% of loans returned with 10% profit it's fook all compared with money they can make on FOREX or massive overdraft charges.

Why loan money to business when you can use same money on commodities markets that are liquid? Only when banks of any kind are not able to "invest" into such things they'll consider putting money into loans to businesses.

Comment

Working...
                    X