• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid Week Confession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife
    What I do't understand is why you feel the need to pilfer it all at the same time.
    I guess it's just one of those things.

Go to their stationary cupboard with the intention of stealing a pen, then, on opening the cupboard, your eyes light up. Why just stop at the pen? go on.......you need one of those ring bound, hardbacked black and red notebooks which cost about a tenner at Staples!

Leading to........

Hmmm, a new marker. Every time I'm in a meeting those markers next to the whiteboard never work. I think I'll have one just for spares..........

Comment

i left the 'nut cluster' in the trap yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
        I would like to ask for forgivness later on from my company
        Are you not the MD of your company like most others here (perma-temps and associated umbrella permie wannabes excepted)? So simply enter a motion in the company minute book and declare it as a BIK.

Comment

I would like to ask for forgivness later on from my company for taking

3 packs of A4
          1 Box of Drawing pins
          1 Box of paper clips
          1 Box of metal thingys (dont know what they do but will find out later)
          2 packs of post its
          2 packs of board pins
          1 box staples

now all I need to do is get them thro security

Ah feel much better now
          So that's your business infrastructure sorted out is it?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The cleaners used to slip the employees 20 quid to turn a blind eye to them legging it off with laptops at one company I worked at. It's rife.

I've only ever nicked promotional pens, which I believe is my right as a human.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I would like to ask for forgivness later on from my company for taking

3 packs of A4
              1 Box of Drawing pins
              1 Box of paper clips
              1 Box of metal thingys (dont know what they do but will find out later)
              2 packs of post its
              2 packs of board pins
              1 box staples

now all I need to do is get them thro security

Ah feel much better now
              I'm too proud to steal stuff like that. In fact I'm too proud even to use most of the pens I find in the office.

I don't mind a parasite, I object to a cut-rate one.

Comment

Of course Im not going to take them , it would be totally out of the question.

Point is Im getting really bored , Im on the last month of a six month contract and Ive done about three weeks work writing a driver for a Linux Box to control a satelite dish tracking cluster and nothing since.

Ive been to several meetings and at first started to put forward resonably inteligent proposals , but as nobody followed anything up afterwards , I began to not bother and began just stating the bleeding obvious like everyone else after a while , and then stopped going to them.

I have completed Far Cry on all levels (5 weeks) , including the extra levels you get after completing the normal ones.

I did take a CD Rom from a server last week but I was on the last level of Far Cry and my CD Rom gave up so that was an emergency.

Ive constructed a massive rubber band ball , but have now got to the point where there are no rubber bands in the stationary cupboard that are big enough to increase the size of my rubber band ball without breaking. I have filled in several requests for larger size rubber bands but my requests keep getting rejected.
                I have spoken to the stationary procurement office and they tell me that there is no requirement for large rubber bands.

I have now started to construct some geometric shapes from unravelled paper clips.

I think the stationary cupboard is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Comment

You should try making a rhubarb pie.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Working...
                  X