• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irritating People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Any of you ever tried those noise-cancelling headphones/earphones things? Some people swear by them, but I find it hard to believe they actually work.
    They work in an aircraft cockpit, but never tried them in an office environment.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      People who eat at their desks but can't close their mouths when they do. There is a bloke who sits near me who kind of slurps when he does this also. really annoying. Glad I got a set of them beats headphones!
      That for me is one of the worse office cuisine faux pas ever. I mean, how fecking difficult is eat to keep your gob shut while you trough your processed Tesco swill of trans-fat potato chips and greasy chicken MacBollocks?

One guy (and yes, it's guys mostly) as soon as I heard the rustle of his brown paper nose bag, I simply had to leave the office and go outside, for fear of ramming his duck-in-pancake-roll forcibly down his windpipe and staving his greasy, bald glistening domehead in with his 24" ViewSonic monitor.

And now, I have to suffer the excruciatingly poor food manners of a bloke that must have a megaphone rammed up his nose because whenever he eats his daily "one of my five" vegetables, a large bag of Walker's crisps, it's as though I've stuck my head into the world's most hungriest bone-eating termites nest, the crunching sound is so fecking unbelievably loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        Any of you ever tried those noise-cancelling headphones/earphones things? Some people swear by them, but I find it hard to believe they actually work.
        I get irritated by having to listen to my own music whilst trying to concentrate in the open plan / tele-conference office I'm currently at. Found an app called Simply Noise, and just crank up the white noise if I really want to concentrate. It's a bit weird but it does manage to block out all the other noises around me making concentration far easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
          I get irritated by having to listen to my own music whilst trying to concentrate in the open plan / tele-conference office I'm currently at. Found an app called Simply Noise, and just crank up the white noise if I really want to concentrate. It's a bit weird but it does manage to block out all the other noises around me making concentration far easier.
          I think you'd find Guantanamo a holiday to remember!

Comment

Where are these places where people are allowed to play music in an office???? I have never seen that (or heard it). Is this some public sector thing?

The most irritating thing for me is women prattling on all day about what their children have done / are doing / said. Men never do this. I dont know if they just realise that no one else is interested, or just arent interested themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X