• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the remaining few hardcore PC gamers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Skyrim looks wicked as well but am sure there aren't enough hours in the day
    I actually noticed last night that I had ploughed 222 hours into Skyrim since it came out last year, until I completed most of it in March. 9 days of my life!!!

Got to be done. Buy it now.

UT 2004 ate my life for years, when I was single.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 13 July 2012, 08:14.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Playing The Secret World at the mo... quite good with the big wagon wheel of abilities but trying to get some of the WoW guildies and L4D2 guys into it to group up.

Borderlands 2 sounds interesting.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Playing The Secret World
        Looks quite good, but I abhor pay monthly games. £11.49 a month and there is no quarantee you can find time to play.

WOW the same.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          I actually noticed last night that I had ploughed 222 hours into Skyrim since it came out last year, until I completed most of it in March. 9 days of my life!!!

Got to be done. Buy it now.
          Light weight.

I am somewhere between 450 and 500 hours. Christmas was Goooooood
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            What are the game session times like though? I only usually manage a few hours at the weekend and maybe half an hour of MW before bed, Skyrim looks pretty immersive, the kind of game you could lose yourself for days in...
            As it is single player and off line you can in theory pause it at any moment and pick up from there later.

The reality is that you often sink a few yours into it in a workday evening and a whole night can dissappear in the weekends. Redbull for breakfast helps.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I was really into gaming on my PC but they don't seem to make games that interest me anymore. The last set of games that I really liked were the company of heros games. I hear that there is another version in the pipline for some time next year. I used to play the red alert style games, but the last lot I played were pretty cack.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Have they got 'Solitaire - The Revenge' as thats about my level...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

HA! I knew I catch some of you gaming nerds out!!!

I've still got games stockpiled from last years sale.

Tried getting into Deus Ex recently, absolutely loved the first game when it came out, this new one just seems like too much hard work (cut-scene crazy).

There is an indie game called Limbo that was pretty cool, short but interesting.

Skyrim next I think...

Nomadd, sorry I'm not as hardcore as you, but mate, it's time to leave your mum's basement. (MF told me she is getting annoyed at you cramping her style)
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I loved Deus-Ex human revolution, it was like a love letter to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                      Light weight.

I am somewhere between 450 and 500 hours. Christmas was Goooooood
                      Respect.

I on the other hand have a real life too.

Comment

Working...
                      X