• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bradley Wiggins - Can he win it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Been a fan, and active member of a cycling club for years.
    I've been watching / following cycling since the 80s. Never raced myself , though i am thinking of taking up short tts for my mid life crisis. I wasn't suggesting you were an armchair fan, but there are an awful lot of people who've tuned into the tour who have no idea what the spring classics are. They'll be expecting a repeat next year and probably slagging him off if it doesn't happen.

Personally i've always admired the climbers, hence my bitter disappointment when rasmussen was busted, I actually switched off at that point, and to some extent that explains my distrust of contador. I want to like him but I just don't think his tt performances are believable. Thats a shame for me and him.

I know it's an achievement, but it really isn't like winning a world cup, not at all. It's like being the first Englishman to win anything they'd not won before. Like a boxer, a racing driver, something like that.
    It's the biggest event in the sport, one of the biggest in any sport, and one that captures the public imagination. And i suppose to my inner child, racing up the hill near my house with my rainbow gloves on trying to beat my best time home from school again and reach the magic 30mph average it's the pinnacle of sport, of any kind. So it's subjective, but to my eyes definitely worthy of comparison.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Just like to add, well done to the guy. For years to come the Brits will remember this amazing achievement. He's worked all his life for this!

Comment

I don't know about the football and rugby world cups because they are team sports, but Wiggy has got to be up there amongst the best individual British serial achievers, such as Redgrave, Faldo and Perry.

This year he's also won the hat-trick of the Criterium du Dauphine, Paris-Nice and the Tour de Romandie.

Comment

Working...
        X