• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are the royal family worth 61p a yr?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the royals

Apart from the fact that this thread contains opinions that are one step from treason that is punisheable by death, it appears to me that the Royals attract enough tourists who spend way way more money on all sort of stuff, tax revenues from that go to Her Majesty's Threasury, and had there been no such revenues you will have to make up for it.

Therefore taxpayer's funding of the Royal family saves money to taxpayers -- if only all taxes were like that!

Comment

Re: the royals

<<Therefore taxpayer's funding of the Royal family saves money to taxpayers -- if only all taxes were like that!>>

Do Tourists visit the Palace of Versailles because the French have a royal family or St Petersburg because Russia has a Royal family?

No, the Royal Family does not attract tourists, they would still turn up anyway.

Comment

the police were notified

BigJohnE -- you'd better be an MP speaking in the Houses of Common which I believe is the only place where such treasonnous talks are allowed :rolleyes

Comment

Re: the police were notified

Apart from the fact that this thread contains opinions that are one step from treason that is punisheable by death, it appears to me that the Royals attract enough tourists who spend way way more money on all sort of stuff, tax revenues from that go to Her Majesty's Threasury, and had there been no such revenues you will have to make up for it.
          Been done already but basically they cost us more than they generate, so no it doesn't make financial sense.

Comment

I'd pay 62p that's how good I think they are. Does that get me off the treason charge?

Comment

treason

> Does that get me off the treason charge?

If you fall on your sword

Comment

Been done already but basically they cost us more than they generate, so no it doesn't make financial sense.
                Financial sense? If you want to go down that road, nor does giving money to x million unemployed, or to people on incapacity benefits.

Comment

I bet they are cheaper than that Paymaster Generally Useless Dawn Slapperillo.

And have to wholeheartedly agree that any one liner from Prince Philip is well worth 61p. Such perfect entertainment value.

Comment

Financial sense? If you want to go down that road, nor does giving money to x million unemployed, or to people on incapacity benefits.
                    Well let's go down that road. They've got tonnes of money already - 100's of millions. WTF should we be subsidising them to the tune of another 30+ mill per year, not too mention all the bloody palaces they live in - at our expense and owned by us.

Not as if they're english anyway (Or british), they're almost 100% German. A family who until this century (Ok Start of the last century, still getting used to the new millenium stuff) spoke German as their first language, and before that French for a few hundred years. Until a couple of decades ago not one 'British' monarch had married a British spouse.

Republican - you betchya. I'll take my hat off to the Queen (Look the other way Shaun) cause she has a bit of dignity but the rest of them can fack right off as far as I'm concerned for the sad, sorry, soap opera spectacle they've become.

Comment

money

> WTF should we be subsidising them to the tune of another
                      > 30+ mill per year, not too mention all the bloody palaces they
                      > live in - at our expense and owned by us.

How would you like the Royals selling their famous real estates and gems to finance themselves? How about the Queen putting her Crown on the Ebay? How would that reflect on the UK?

The Royals waste bugger all money comparing to pretty much anything -- 30 mln is a drop in the ocean of Govt's waste.

Comment

Working...
                      X