• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the size of your mortgage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Pop that interest rate up to 5 again and I think you'd see mass defaulting.
    There are already a lot of people on the edge of default. Banks have been waiting for their reputations to recover a bit before exciting the defaults.

Tin hat brigade might speculate that the the current crop of scandal is designed to prop up the market (again).
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Zero.

I rent...

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        There are already a lot of people on the edge of default. Banks have been waiting for their reputations to recover a bit before exciting the defaults.

Tin hat brigade might speculate that the the current crop of scandal is designed to prop up the market (again).
        I think the sentiment regarding banks is a good point. Can't see the Gov kow towing to banks wanting mass evictions either.

Game changer coming up me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

This links into my thread re "Is now the right time to buy a house?" Id love a repo

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            This links into my thread re "Is now the right time to buy a house?" Id love a repo
            Interesting way to put it...

Personally I'd rather do well enough to buy a property fairly rather than wish someone else hardship and sorrow. We have a 230k mortgage but after I have finished the renovation work I hope to get it paid in about five years.

Comment

Working...
            X