• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time to stop telling people to be scared...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    M6 fake cigarette terrorism alert: 'We could have been shot' say passengers - Telegraph

So nobody thought to ask the person with the 'e-cigarette' what it is? Didn't the emergency services telephonists suggest to ask the chappy what he was doing?

I'm sad to see this; here in NL I often feel that I'm living in a nation that's becoming more and more asinine by the day, and my hope that Britain might avoid this trend is being destroyed.
    It's always someone elses problem. Best to leg it then ask a simple question.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think whoever said it was a pre olympic test hit the nail on the head.

Many years ago there was a chap leaving bombs in the city of london due to some spat with Barclays. I got on a train at liverpool street and there was a spare seat with a ruck sack on it. I looked to the chap sat next to it as if to say Please move your rucksack lest I use it for a suppository for you, and he said Oh no a chap left it here and said he was off to the toilet...
      I said did you know him? No came the reply at that point I suggested that maybe he wasn't the brightest spark on the train and that letting a stranger give him his rucksack so he could go to a non existent bog on a train to Chingford was not the greatest thing he had done that day. All of a sudden there was lots and lots of spare seats all round this chap... He went to get up at which point I suggested that seeing as he had opted to look after the bag he should stay and do so. It was quite a tense few minutes until the owner of the sack poped back on the train having run off the length of the station to use a loo

I got a seat out of it though.

Comment

Working...
      X