• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre 'employment' screening............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    I had this. Just point them to your accountant
    Thanks. I know how to deal with it (by taking the piss a bit for a start).

I pointed out to them that I submit information to my accountant on an annual basis. They're not due to get anything from this financial year until after the end of October.

In the end, I phoned my accountant and told him someone would contact them and told him to tell them I was 'having a holiday'. This he duly did and that was enough to keep them happy. Hearing it second hand from someone who doesn't know if it's true.

I was originally going to tell them I spent two months in a weapons training camp in Pakistan followed by a 'How to write effective emails' course in Nigeria, but I doubt they'd have seen the funny side
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
    X