• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre 'employment' screening............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And f### you too, I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherf####r, motherf####r !!
    A lot of places do insist on a full check, but I'm surprised that they're doing it for the kitchens though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      A lot of places do insist on a full check, but I'm surprised that they're doing it for the kitchens though.
      I was waiting for a 'chippy' gag from you. Everyone knows that a proper chippy does not have a seperate kitchen
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It's very important to financial institutions that they only take on those with impeccable integrity and who won't be dishonest and damage the brand image of the company.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          It's very important to financial institutions that they only take on those with impeccable integrity and who won't be dishonest and damage the brand image of the company.
          Sorry Alf, was that meant to be a serious reply or did you miss out the punchline ????

Comment

Sorry Alf, was that meant to be a serious reply or did you miss out the punchline ????
            If you don't have the papers up there what do you wrap the chips in?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              If you don't have the papers up there what do you wrap the chips in?
              Old Rangers programmes, they'll never be valuable.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                I've got them saved and just attach them each time.

I agree though, it is complete bollocks and I find it very intrusive, far more intrusive than is necessary. However, they are one of the worst for the process tulip and do love a good process.

I've moved around the group quite a bit and have finished at one site and started the next Monday still for them but in a different division. It really pisses me off that I still have to fill in the forms and send off my bank statements for the few weeks I was out back in 2008.

One day I'm going to be getting out of this lark and I will do one final job hunt with the banks until I get a role. Then I shall really enjoy filling in the form; explaining a gap as being in Broadmoor under observation for psychopathic tendencies should be a good one.
                So they require bank statements if you have gaps on your CV???

Blimey!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Blimey!
                  Yep, or the plane tickets and the stamps in your passport if you've been travelling.
                  I've never seen the point myself, just more HR bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Blimey!
                    Norrahe, I've worked for Halifax, then HBOS, and now Lloyds (most recently starting 2010 and ending in 2011) literally a dozen times and have NEVER had to go through this before.

Yesterday, they wanted to verify that my contract history on my CV was accurate and most of the last five years was based at HBOS/Lloyds. When I told them to go there to verify it, they said they couldn't approach my previous end client !!! Despite the fact that it's Lloyds they are doing this bloody verification for. The whole thing is laughable.

Comment

Norrahe, I've worked for Halifax, then HBOS, and now Lloyds (most recently starting 2010 and ending in 2011) literally a dozen times and have NEVER had to go through this before.

Yesterday, they wanted to verify that my contract history on my CV was accurate and most of the last five years was based at HBOS/Lloyds. When I told them to go there to verify it, they said they couldn't approach my previous end client !!! Despite the fact that it's Lloyds they are doing this bloody verification for. The whole thing is laughable.
                      I had this. Just point them to your accountant
                      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X