• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sign on you crazy Diamond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Will hopefully be there in a few weeks

I thought it was done and dusted, contract signed, "Boomed" thread posted?

Comment

Will hopefully be there in a few weeks, currently asking some colleagues what the atmosphere is like.
      I expect lots of bunfights, as the BarCap people put in place with Bob's help get pushback now their leader has gone.
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Mods, can we get the thread title changed to "Sign on you crazy Diamond"?
        That's brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

keeping his options open

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            It's a British thing... anything we're any good at, destroy it, legislate against it, shove hands in pockets while someone else picks it up and runs with it.

But you can be proud of another heroic failure
            They picked up on this on the BBC Wimbledon commentary last night. John McEnroe was asking why Murray was not scheduled for centre court. "Because it would not be fair". John replied "stuff that!"

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Is that an element of annoyance I hear. And its before you even begin the 12 month no get out, low pay (for job description) contract.
              Is there something I wrote to give you that impression? Apparently it's not such a bad thing he has gone......

Comment

Yep it is. signed and start date agreed.

Comment

Will hopefully be there in a few weeks, currently asking some colleagues what the atmosphere is like.

Yep it is. signed and start date agreed.
                  So why hopefully? Not colleagues yet I would venture...

The strangeness is strong in this one it is.

Comment

If......

I was working a gig,(or as a permie) and the scandal was fresh that morning with the execs leaving suddenly in just 48 hours; I'd be a bit worried about my future.

Imagine having a contractor who hasn't even started yet calling asking what our "thoughts" were....

It's hardly positive is it? I certainly wouldn't do that, even if the guys I was asking were my mates. I'd be quiet and think, damn moral might be low when I get there, but otherwise just turn up.
                    Last edited by Scoobos; 3 July 2012, 09:09. Reason: one day I'll get it right first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                      So why hopefully? Not colleagues yet I would venture...

The strangeness is strong in this one it is.
                      Sorry - when I say hopefully I am mean to say barring the possibility of some disaster (nothing is certain in life).

I have worked with them before and still in touch with a lot of them so do consider them colleagues - I have just had a 3 month break away from them that is all...

Comment

Working...
                      X