• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Analyst Certification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I did the British Computer Society exams yonks ago. Nobody was interested in the BCS, but doing the courses did teach me stuff, and the fact that I'd done something, whatever it was, counted for me.
    Wise words. I often lack the motivation to study.
    one day at a time

Comment

The real aim of certification for a contractor is to get your CV through the initial screening by agent and/or HR/purchasing numpties. Once you're through that and your CV is at the desk of the hiring manager the certificate probably doesn't count for much. So if it will get your CV through that first selection, do it. If you don't think it will, sod it; if you want to learn, pick up some books.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        This is what did it for me, I did the foundation exam which was interesting but not as useful as some of the later modules that I read up on but didn't do exams in. What also helped was Prince 2, Agile and ITIL. Also if you can look back on previous roles and pick out any times you performed BA tasks this will help in interviews. Done any requirements gathering/analysis? Or stakeholder management? I'm sure even the most die hard techies have had to at some point whether they like it or not.

If I can go from tape changer to BA anyone can
        Good for you old boy

Requirements gathering/analysis - yes.
        Stakeholder management - no.

I don't have any Prince2, Agile or ITIL qualifications
        one day at a time

Comment

Working...
        X