• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperate jobseeker sets himself alight outside Selly Oak jobcentre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be out robbing before I'd do that to myself.

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

If he'd used an accelerant Tibetan Monk style I'd give him respect.

Setting light to frayed bits at the back of his jeans with a clipper isn't really the same thing.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Why do people do this? It seems to me that if your life is crap, it's hardly going to get better once you can add horrible burns to your list of problems. But maybe that's just me.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

A new smilie to commemorate his valiant attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Is it this bloke?

Not as much work for super-heroes these days.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Ttiuwp smiley

Well done admin, good lad.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

If my 17 year old daughter can get a job, I'm sure anyone can. Those that don't want to work don't. Those that do, do. IMO.

Comment

with burns to his legs. The injuries are not life threatening and the man remains in hospital receiving treatment.”
                  He couldnt even do that properly, no wonder he's out of work.

Comment

From the comments

"mike1

11:10 AM on 29/6/2012

another sad story.
                    this the goverment we have elected.they want you to pay taxes for what?there own salaries.
                    no jobs.no benefits,nowhere to go,what are you supposed to do?
                    i now a lot of people who geniunely want to work but no jobs,the benefit staff simply drag there decission as long as possible,leaving no option but to make them homeless or turn to crime.
                    this is a wake up call to the shamefull staff who decide on benefits.
                    there are many highley skilled or educated people who simply cannot even get a minimum pay manual job! what are you supposed to do?
                    I know many of you think that there are many jobs out there but you cannot expect a 50y to lift 20kg,machine operator to be a secertary,plumber to be a finnancial adviser,criminal to be a lawyer and so on........

shame on DWP,JOBCENTRES,THE COALITION GOVERMENT."

Yeah you can. You expect those at the top of the rung to come down the ladder a bit. There is and always will be work for this who want it.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      If my 17 year old daughter can get a job, I'm sure anyone can. Those that don't want to work don't. Those that do, do. IMO.
                      I'm pretty sure many 17yo's dads don't have the same contacts as you do (have).
                      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
                      X