• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay, it's Friday!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    we got a permie here who takes a weeks holiday a year. and he takes his mobblie and laptop so he's contactable.
    whats the point of living like that ??

beats me
    Sad life as a corporate drone. Maybe he'll die and be reincarnated as a rubber doll; that would be promotion for him seeing as he obviously loves being shafted.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      we got a permie here who takes a weeks holiday a year. and he takes his mobblie and laptop so he's contactable.
      whats the point of living like that ??

beats me
      I never understood that either.

One guy used to spend the last day of his hols catching up on e-mails prior to coming back to work just so he could get straight back into it.

Another used to spend his mornings before work and evenings after work e-mailing and when I asked him about spending time with his family he answered that he was a "weekend dad"
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

One guy used to spend the last day of his hols catching up on e-mails prior to coming back to work just so he could get straight back into it.

Another used to spend his mornings before work and evenings after work e-mailing and when I asked him about spending time with his family he answered that he was a "weekend dad"
        What a miserable existence.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This bloke took a week off and flew into Charle De Gaulle.
          'What did you do after that ?'
          what do yo mean ?
          er..where did you go..you know for your hols. Normandy, Paris ?
          We stayed at the airport
          er..ok

I sh!t you not

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I worked with someone like that in 2004. It was shortly before his wife booted him out and stopped him seeing his son. Thanks to the legal expertise I got him he started seeing his son about 6 months later.

I feel sorry for his son - but not for him. He was asking for it.

Comment

"weekend dad"
              Wank deeded.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Life at Pogle acres will be much the same.
                Shopping for Pogle jrs secondary school uniform tomorrow.
                (I must try not to blub in the shop!)
                Avoiding all the Stone Roses fans, who are, even as I type descending on the area.
                Oh and lastly, celebrating my extension til Christmas, having negotiated only 2 days a week on site and Fridays off.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Oh and lastly, celebrating my extension til Christmas, having negotiated only 2 days a week on site and Fridays off.
                  Careful, you wouldn't want to over do it
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Parkrun k2 - wassat? Taking kids to park?!
                    5K run in a park near you. (Or, in my case, near me). parkrun UK home Done 6 now, but not really improving. My unambitious target is to break 30 mins.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I do also have a date though!
                    Look forward to a detailed analysis on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                    X