• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany-Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubris

What is it about Germans and hubris? Do they never learn?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Did Mark Lawrencen really say at one point in the commentary "The Germans really need to step on the gas" I guess at least it wasn't during the Poland game
      Gianluca Vialli also compared the German team to a tank. I thought that was a little inappropriate

Comment

Italian Newspapers "Il Giornale" and "Libero", owned by robber baron Silvio Bunga Bunga, launch abusive personal attack On Angela Merkal after Euro defeat:

Culona= fat ar*e
        vaffanmerkel = fu** o** Merkel

Last edited by petergriffin; 29 June 2012, 12:01. Reason: not telling ya
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Hit him with "48 hours extra rest and not playing 120 minutes in their previous game".
          So far I haven't had to say much. We've had a disection of what went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            So far I haven't had to say much. We've had a disection of what went wrong.
            They played an attacking game too far up the pitch which left them exposed to a counter attack at the back, they'll never learn.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              They played an attacking game too far up the pitch which left them exposed to a counter attack at the back, they'll never learn.
              As I said to my German mates, England were far more tactically aware than Germany.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                As I said to my German mates, England were far more tactically aware than Germany.
                I think there's some truth in that. England's problem wasn't to do with the way they set up, it was the way they kept needlessly giving the ball away.

Comment

England's problem is they aren't very good.
                  FTFY
                  one day at a time

Comment

Now why would you say that? Nobody thought England would win it, least of all me, but their organisation and defence were very good, possibly the best there. I was just pointing out, from the evidence of four games, why they went out. Penalties notwithstanding.

Although if England could take them, you know that they would have been playing the Germans last night in the semi-final.

Comment

Now why would you say that?
                      To cut through the analysis old chap.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X