• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The British army is doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They can. Then they leave the army (former major as you say), and if they don't get a job on the telly making unfit celebrities eat raccoons' testicles like Bear Grylls, they continue eating the fried breakfasts without doing the hours and hours of gruelling exercise and turn into big fat heffalumps. Perhaps they've earned the right to do so.
    good point , well made.

although I never ate a racoons testes. I was more of a willy man myself

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      err - what is the RLC?

This was suggested. However my brother only interacts with those he wants something from. The only reason he was coming down is he wants me to get him a trading job at the hedge fund I have just joined. Thankfully he has never had children.

rofl
      Are you going to get him a trading job? Given his performance on Million Dollar Trader you would be risking your bonus wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Jeez. Men these days.

I wash my face with broken glass and brush my teeth with barbed wire.
        Yeah but you are an ugly ***** to start off with
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Jeez. Men these days.

I wash my face with broken glass and brush my teeth with barbed wire.
          There you go, taking it to extremes, which suggests you are a fat pansy trying to look like a man. You need a bit of discretion in this. While it's good to implement a complete ban on products of the Laboratoires Garnier company in a man's bathroom, broken glass and barbed wire are completely over the top. Soap, toothpaste and perhaps a drop of hydrogen peroxide solution mouthwash will do the job.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The fact he is was a para AND a major is the issue! Para's only go where the planes drop them (that and Aldershot pubs for a fight, and then fight themselves when no one will fight them!) and an officer who is probably desk based...

paras dont think for themselves, they are robots!

BTW Brillo, RLC are "Loggies", Royal Logistics Corps, i.e. truck drivers etc.
            Last edited by scooby; 26 June 2012, 09:29. Reason: missed a word...
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
              Are you going to get him a trading job? Given his performance on Million Dollar Trader you would be risking your bonus wouldn't you?
              Let him ask me directly. I am probably going to send him a link to this thread. Last time this happened (after million dollar trader) he called me and swore at me for 30 minutes. But it was nice to get some sort of communication from him.

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              The fact he is was a para AND a major is the issue! Para's only go where the planes drop them (that and Aldershot pubs for a fight, and then fight themselves when no one will fight them!) and an officer who is probably desk based...

paras dont think for themselves, they are robots!

BTW Brillo, RLC are "Loggies", Royal Logistics Corps, i.e. truck drivers etc.
              Agree totally about the paras. Personally I never understood why they were allowed into Northern Ireland. I blamed Heath for all that.

Comment

My brother came out of the army after 22 years. Apparently it used to be the fact that if you failed the same course twice (I think) you were booted out of it but now they say if you fail the same course twice you pass the third even if you actually fail. This meant that you could literally do a course, do no work and eventually pass. He said that was when he knew the army he loved was dead and it was time to leave. He recently retrained as some kind of anti pirate security guard for British ships in the middle east.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                X