• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take That HMR&C!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Come back when you know the difference between "avoidance" and "evasion", you're artificially blurring the line between the two and doing HMRC's demonisation job for them with your nonsensical analogies..
    I'd do much better demonisation job if I was running HMRC - I'll first start with MPs and senior civil servants, I'll leave IT contractors for dessert
    Last edited by AtW; 20 June 2012, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Take That singers 'invested £26m in scheme to be challenged over tax avoidance' - Telegraph

It always makes me chuckle that most of those involved in dodging tax and social responsibility are media types, lefty bleeding heart liberals.
      No doubt they have an exalted sense of entitlement. Remember that guy who did an experiment with freebies (food?) in a staff canteen in America, with a trust box for voluntary payments. It turned out that most of the cheaters who took stuff without paying were the senior executives. Nick Fitz will have the link somewhere.

That and that fact that those left wing media luvvies are usually stinking hypocrites.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        It turned out that most of the cheaters who took stuff without paying were the senior executives.
        So the company didn't employ contractors then?

Comment

Working...
        X