• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair baggage fees up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    £50 charge for checked-in baggage now That's more than I [sometimes] pay for a return flight.

Reminds me Soviet movies about Western hotels where you have to pay coins for TV to work ...

Comment

I've bought some amazing cheap return flights from Ryanair in the past - circa £35 return to the Med. The fly in the ointment has been if wanting to take a tent, which added an extra £30 to the cost - almost doubling it. Their cheap deals would still be a fraction of the price of a non-chav airline ticket price, plus it's a local airport, but paying £50 to carry a tent that cost me £30 isn't looking like a great option and the fares are creeping up too. I begrudged paying £30, so I expect I will use my bivvie or hammock more often and use hand luggage only, which will save on campsite costs too.

Comment

I only fly with NetJets.

HTH

DimPrawn

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Reminds me Soviet movies about Western hotels where you have to pay coins for TV to work ...
          Didn't you post here once about using a coin operated something or other?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Didn't you post here once about using a coin operated something or other?
            Yes I once posted a rant about coin machines in this country not accepting £50 notes...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I watched Western movies about Soviet hotels where you had to queue for 3 days to use the TV
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I watched Western movies about Soviet hotels where you had to queue for 3 days to use the TV
                That's a lie - Soviet hotels did not have TVs and also no free rooms so no point in queuing.

HTH

Comment

What? A contractor using Cry An Air? At least wait until the global economy is belly up!
                  <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                    What? A contractor using Cry An Air? At least wait until the global economy is belly up!
                    TimberWolf is known on this forum as one with very lavish extravagant lifestyle but from time to time he likes to travel with the poor people to remember how bad it was when his daily rate was only £1000 per day.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X