• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IOW Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    10 miles inland.
    Cheddar?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Cheddar?
      Wedmore

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
        Sorry for the thread hijack but I'd also be interested to hear of recommendations for campsites that I can take the kids to for a few days in a tent.
        We're going here at the beginning of July: Isle of Wight Camping, Touring and Holiday Caravan Parks - The Orchards Holiday Park Yarmouth Isle of Wight UK - Home

Family run, small, good facilities and it was highly recommended by friends with high standards!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Downhill literally on the south coast - onto the beach and into the sea! The IoW south coast was at least a mile further out in Roman times!
          Yes, apparently there's an area called the Undercliff around there which has its own microclimate. Meant to be a nudist beach there somewhere, Blackgang Chine?

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Alternatively if she just wants a nice beach, go to Bournemouth

Something like the Sandbanks Hotel would be pleasant
          Have been to the seafood restaurant bang opposite on the other side at South Haven Point

Wedmore
          We often go to that restaurant cum tea room at the top of the main street on the right hand side.

Comment

We often go to that restaurant cum tea room at the top of the main street on the right hand side.
            We used to live in a small hamlet a few miles out and used to often wander into town to eat there, or at Pumkins, or the 2 new pubs. Its quite ncie and very quiet.

New restaurant opened called the black duck, or something. Food so so when we were there, so watch out if you're tempted!

Where are you based there?

Comment

We used to live in a small hamlet a few miles out and used to often wander into town to eat there, or at Pumkins, or the 2 new pubs. Its quite ncie and very quiet.

New restaurant opened called the black duck, or something. Food so so when we were there, so watch out if you're tempted!

Where are you based there?
              Used to be just outside Bridgwater. Now between Frome and Wells.

Comment

Can't remember the last time I ever saw the tide in there! Will be out that way myself on Saturday.
                Twice a day the same as everywhere else, it just goes out further as the Severn estuary has the 2nd highest tidal range in the world.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sad to hear about old Reg Quantrill.

Comment

Shepton?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Sad to hear about old Reg Quantrill.
                      I hadn't heard.

They played our local pub (while we still had one) a few years back. Great night.

Comment

Working...
                      X