• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ikea right or wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one personally believe that what IKEA did was completely acceptable and whichever manager decided that has my full support, because without these "distractions" of car parks being full with campervans, management can then concentrate on the more productive and customer satisfying job of deciding which parts of their IT systems need improving and getting the appropriate contracts arranged do perform this role.

my opinion above is in no way biased even though IKEA have paid my "moderate" daily rate + expenses + travel for the best part of a year and my contract review is coming up in a month or so..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

No proper gypsy is going to turn up in a camper van to rob Ikea as they are too slow to get away in.

They would turn up in a van or large car like everyone else.

If they are going to rob a furniture shop it would be one where there is guaranteed to be money in the tills (lots of people pay by card in Ikea) or where you didn't have to make up your own stuff.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No proper gypsy is going to turn up in a camper van to rob Ikea as they are too slow to get away in.

They would turn up in a van or large car like everyone else.

If they are going to rob a furniture shop it would be one where there is guaranteed to be money in the tills (lots of people pay by card in Ikea) or where you didn't have to make up your own stuff.
        I think the worry is they are going to stop for a pot of tea and stay for a few months.

I don't think they're worrying about the purchasing, or not, habits of our pikey friends.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          I just don't understand how this is a racism row.
          Same with the Morrissey Vs NME case:

"Although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears."

"The gates of England are flooded. The country's been thrown away."

Are these racist comments? You can't tell me that mass influx of foreign cultures don't erode the traditional British identity, of course it does.

BBC News - NME apologises to singer Morrissey over article
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

He is a miserable fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Heaven knows he's a miserable fecker, now.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                He is a miserable fecker.
                Melancholic, hardly unique in his field.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X