• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House sales down 40pc since property boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the economy linked to housing SALES? Why is there never mention of the booming rental market out there?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Not sure what you talking about ...
      Apologies, I thought you had graduated from that bedsit in Brum to a detached house.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Apologies, I thought you had graduated from that bedsit in Brum to a detached house.
        No I am still renting a flat for tactical reasons

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Why is the economy linked to housing
          It is the only thing we have left economy wise.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It is the only thing we have left economy wise.
            If the people I talk to on Facebook or Twitter are anything like representative of the country as a whole their is an underground economy of cupcake makers who should be paying HMRC!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              No I am still renting a flat for tactical reasons
              A 10 year tactical solution?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You really don't get it do you?

Prices only fall massively if people are FORCED to sell at a loss. And since the banks are letting people take payment holidays and extend the mortgage period rather than default to protect their balance sheets, who is going to sell at a loss?
                People selling bequeathed properties, where insufficient funds are otherwise available to pay death duty?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  People selling bequeathed properties, where insufficient funds are otherwise available to pay death duty?
                  And law's of average would state most of the people dying would be of an older generation who's houses are already paid off

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I have a bungalow I was going to sell. It was going to be marketed at offers £300-325k. A similar, if somewhat dated, bungalow came on at 300k, within month was at 275, then offers over 250 which it finally sold for. This was a bequeathed property where the kids just wanted the money. Killed stone dead the local market as everyone who was selling houses all pulled out.

It really does affect a local market.

A friend has also sold his house, for a fair price he assures me, and now finds out the amount he will be loaned for the new house, has been reduced.

Starting to squeeze out there.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      A 10 year tactical solution?

Comment

Working...
                      X