• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank eyes rate cut and £50bn cash injection to boost economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    If only the banks had not given so many interest only loans
    ...and I believe overpayments of only 10% are normally allowed without penalty...

Comment

Indeed, if it didn't work the first time and the second time, what the hey, it may work the third time!

I can see the headlines six months from now...record inflation causing misery.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        +1

Thats a tulip tattoo on her arm!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          If only the banks had not given so many interest only loans
          Most banks allow you to overpay your mortgage by upto 10% a year and this is not dependent on whether your mortgage is interest only or on a repayment basis. Ideally, your mortgage interest is calculated on a daily basis. Therefore you will feel the benefit of any overpayment you make the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Wouldn't stop me.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Seen a lot worse old chap.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                ...and I believe overpayments of only 10% are normally allowed without penalty...
                In my case this is only during the "product period", i.e first 3 years then I can pay what I like. So come October I will be revving up the repayments.

0.25% reduction would only mean saving £100 per month to me on the couple of mortgages I have.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Offset mortgages , you can pay the lot off.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

She has a tattoo?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Offset mortgages , you can pay the lot off.
                      Most don't have them though. I thought, standard, in a mortgage, you couldn't pay more than 10%, so haven't bothered throwing all the rent in to the mortgages. Fecking idiotic not reading T&C's properly.

Mortgages are low, around £300 a month interest only, rents between 1000-1200 so it's been frankly stupid if I can pay them off more than 10% a year.

Wheres the slap face smiley...

Comment

Working...
                      X