• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WT-actual-F!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ok.

Just had a taxi driver get irate at me for only giving him a $1.50 tip on a $8.50 fare. Seemed to think because I was heading to Silicon Valley I should be taking a cab for $200 as opposed to the train for $6.75 (it actually cost).

I left to the angry sounds of a this crazy guy shouting 'you're cheap man, you're a bum!'

That's no way to get tips.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm ok.

Just had a taxi driver get irate at me for only giving him a $1.50 tip on a $8.50 fare. Seemed to think because I was heading to Silicon Valley I should be taking a cab for $200 as opposed to the train for $6.75 (it actually cost).

I left to the angry sounds of a this crazy guy shouting 'you're cheap man, you're a bum!'

You gave him a tip and he swore at you? I swear when I give tips. Not that I ever tip or take taxis.

And the train fare was $6.75 for a sixty mile trip?

Comment

I'm ok.

cheapskate, you're a bum
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          You gave him a tip and he swore at you? I swear when I give tips. Not that I ever tip or take taxis.

And the train fare was $6.75 for a sixty mile trip?
          Yep. 50 miles I think. Taxi was about 20. It's £5.a pint as well!!!

Comment

But you can get six shots for a bit of cheek
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So they will do you a shandy out there?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Get a hotel near airport with rats, after that your transformation into pooperscooper will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Get a hotel near airport with rats, after that your transformation into pooperscooper will be complete.
                  Someone's just picked me up, driven me
                  20 miles for a few pints then said grab a taxi back. That's me out another 60 bucks!!!! FFS.

Comment

Someone's just picked me up, driven me
                    20 miles for a few pints then said grab a taxi back. That's me out another 60 bucks!!!! FFS.
                    Wait till you come back the other way and find out that a pint in your old local will cost you nearly $7us!! When the NFL did a game in the UK a couple of years ago. a few guys came over from the us office. They came in on the monday crying about the fact that a couple of beers and a hotdog had cost them $30

Comment

They were almost certainly both off their heads on drugs.

He probably thought he was eating rump steak in a tip top restaurant.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X