• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afghanistan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    But I thought, according to so many Septic sites, that the Queen of England was the major drug dealer.
    Phil the Greek has to get them from somewhere.

Comment

Seems to indicate that leaving the feckers alone is a stunningly good idea.
      WHS+1

Watched part 1 and interesting problems existed in the 1920s with the tribes resisting change from the King. Eventually the King had to do a runner. Missed part 2.
      one day at a time

Comment

The documentary on BBC2 this week was rather interesting.

From 1919, when the British Empire decided it was time to leave the Afghans alone, to 1978 when the USSR started their nonsense, Afghanistan was a peaceful place, man.

Great ganja & those stinky coats.

Seems to indicate that leaving the feckers alone is a stunningly good idea.

Especially if you happen to be a superpower.
        I've seen one part of that documentary and have another recorded. I didn't see any grateful Afghans, they seemed more inclined to view us as an invading army. I'm also left wondering whether the Afgans are good determined fighters or whether they win by hiding amongst locals, with invading armies unwilling to employ a scorched earth type policy, killing anything remotely hostile, and always heading for an arse kicking.

Comment

Leave ‘em alone.

The argument re: stopping ‘terror’ is totally mute. Home grown ‘terror’ provides a far greater threat. The war is 100% political.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X