• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Funny if it wasn't so pathetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we blaming the police for this Alf?

I blame the huge increase in electromagnetic radiation over the years cooking people's brains.

That, and the lack of a real war to send all our youth to.

Comment

LEYTON, LONDON

All of the above crimes were also committed here but they couldn't do anything as they were afraid to be brought up on racism charges.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        Are we blaming the police for this Alf?
        No, but the criminal classes are hardly tulipting themselves knowing half the Met are trying to get one 57 year old geezer to stop shouting "Bliar is a c**t" while waving oversize banners, are they?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

1. Hope they pass the cost of this operation on to the dole bludger to pay!

2. Hope they do him for evasion of council tax since I doubt the fecker has paid any council tax on the property he lives at!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            1. Hope they pass the cost of this operation on to the dole bludger to pay!

2. Hope they do him for evasion of council tax since I doubt the fecker has paid any council tax on the property he lives at!

Mailman
            Sorry to dissapoint you MM but in fact the 27 grand for this operation is coming out of your pocket ie paid by your taxes.

Revel in Your Time
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2006, 10:06.

Comment

Tough on Crime

ABI spokesman Malcolm Tarling said: "Only a handful of police forces have their own fraud squad and fraud is given too-low a priority because forces don't have the resources to tackle it properly."

Insurance scams alone cost £1.5bn a year adding five per cent - £50 or more - to the premiums we pay for home, car, travel and health insurance.

The study reveals shocking examples of the police and judicial system failing to prosecute fraudsters:

A gang that staged more than 400 car accidents around a major city escaped justice.

Every incident involved a driver "inducing" an accident with an innocent motorist.

The insurers gave the evidence to the police together with information showing that the gang were using the money they made to fund drugtrafficking, prostitution and gun-running.

But the police refused to prosecute unless the insurers footed the bill.

Its not just the money: arson is also endangering lives while the cost of commercial insurance fraud inflates the prices we pay in the shops.

ABI director Nick Starling says that losses have doubled in five years with criminal gangs making as much money from stings as from drugs.

"The extent of fraud is underestimated and its detection underresourced. Yet its impact is very real and serious," he said. The group has submitted its report to a government fraud review calling for more money and manpower to be given to the police to tackle fraud.

ABI spokesman Malcolm Tarling said: "Only a handful of police forces have their own fraud squad and fraud is given too-low a priority because forces don't have the resources to tackle it properly."

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Sorry to dissapoint you MM but in fact the 27 grand for this operation is coming out of your pocket ie paid by your taxes.

Revel in Your Time
                Which part of it came out of my pocket? (if I was contracting I would have used the good old "I dont pay tax" angle! ).

Mailman

Comment

Crime Watch

The controversy began on Thursday when Sir Ian was reporting to a meeting of his force's watchdog, the Metropolitan Police Authority, on the controversial pre-dawn operation to remove anti-war protester Brian Haw's placards from Parliament Square, outside the House of Commons. Sir Ian told the authority that the task involved a 78 officers and cost £7,200.

But at a meeting of his senior management team the following day, the matter was discussed, and Sir Ian accepted that he misled authority members about the cost. When details of these remarks were passed to the media, the Met chief was forced to send an e-mail to authority members saying the total figure, including officers' salaries, was in fact four times higher at £27,754.

Comment

Working...
                  X