• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad iPhone bundles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    Yes, you can. 100% certain because I do it myself with an iPhone 4s and and 3rd gen iPad.

iPhone can create a "personal hotspot" which an ipad/laptop/whatever can use to share the phone's 3G connection and use the phone contract's data allowance.
    Nick was wrong then. He he he he.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I reckon the 3G was well worth the extra money, but it depends on how you're going to use it I suppose. If you're just consuming content you've preloaded on it then you don't need an internet connection, but if you use it to actually do stuff or you work away a lot then having to scavenge around for a wifi connection (or pay the ludicrous rates hotels tend to charge) would be a bit of a pain.
      I agree with Nick.

When I got my Kindle, I bought the Wifi and 3G one because I wanted to be able to get content wherever I was in the world for free. Not that you can do much surfing on a Kindle,but there is enough to read email and the news using the "experimental" (Amazon's term for "crap") browser.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Nick was wrong then. He he he he.
        No - your question was "So the iPad can use the iPhone as a 3G connection?" and Nick said you couldn't. That is correct - the iPad cannot use the iPhone as a 3G connection.

What Mr.Whippy has said is possible is setting up an iPhone as a Wifi hotspot and connecting to that. The connection would be via Wifi, not 3G.

HTH
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          No - your question was "So the iPad can use the iPhone as a 3G connection?" and Nick said you couldn't. That is correct - the iPad cannot use the iPhone as a 3G connection.

What Mr.Whippy has said is possible is setting up an iPhone as a Wifi hotspot and connecting to that. The connection would be via Wifi, not 3G.

HTH
          WHS.

Nick was right. FaQQer is right. Suityou is a bedwetter. Eternaloptimist is a dullard.

hth

MF
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

HTH
            Epic fail. See the emboldened words in the quote.

HTH BISDI

Comment

HTH
              Epic success - See the emboldened words in the quote. Maybe you should have asked "So the iPad can use the iPhone's 3G connection?"

HTH BISDI
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Epic success - See the emboldened words in the quote. Maybe you should have asked "So the iPad can use the iPhone's 3G connection?"

HTH BISDI

Comment

Working...
                X