• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    And those poor bastards who bought at $1900 an ounce? **** 'em.
    There is always a fool in the market. And they are the fools.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      There is always a fool in the market. And they are the fools.
      If you can't spot the fool in the Market then you're the fool.

I like this game, your turn!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        If you can't spot the fool in the Market then you're the fool.

I like this game, your turn!
        errr - buy high, sell low. I am sure that is right?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          errr - buy high, sell low. I am sure that is right?
          If you're a trend follower
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Lots of lovely HY shares to buy at the moment I think. Holding powder dry but have bunged a bit in an emerging markets fund on the dip.
            Not touching gold, price entirely relies on expecting another mug to buy it for more later.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              Lots of lovely HY shares to buy at the moment I think. Holding powder dry but have bunged a bit in an emerging markets fund on the dip.
              Not touching gold, price entirely relies on expecting another mug to buy it for more later.
              If you wait long enough there will always be another mug. Gold's strange that way.

Edit: In fact, speaking of mugs, where's Milan? He's always going on about his Aay-Ewe or something like that.

Edit2: I'm also waiting for an update from Alfred J on the state of the grey slate market. I'd imagine they remain grey slates.
              Last edited by Bunk; 17 May 2012, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Actually, you can. Some foods are decorated with edible gold leaf. However, you can't digest it. So presumably, with appropriate equipment, one could eat it, then re-harvest it.
                It's been tried. Just watch out as your tulip can catch fire! Man who tried to turn his faeces into gold is jailed - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chutney Spoon View Post
                  He wasn't salvaging consumed gold, he was trying to turn crap INTO gold.

Here's the clue...

Moran’s barrister, Des Fahy, agreed that the general circumstances of the case were bizarre. He said Moran was a man of considerable intellectual ability but there was a clear problem over the years relating to drug abuse.
                  Oi Minestrone, is he a member of your family?

Comment

Working...
                  X